or Connect

Posts by CountryMom2e

My kids are younger, but I try to relax bedtime in the summer unless we have something. However, I will enforce a "rest in" the next morning, usually 8. They are never up past 930, they would be wrecked! Also on weekends, we have quiet time in their rooms from 1 to 330, and often during the week as well. I will usually have my 7 yr old read a chapter, do a few workbook pages, and then the rest of the time is his. They love having time apart to do with what they like...
DH travels anywhere from 1 day a week to 4. It sucks, and it's been that way for about 3 yrs. I used to travel professional pre-kids, so I set him up in good hotels, offer tips, etc. For me, sometimes I schedule a sitter for the afternoon rush - 330-530 and I will go out to Starbucks, or work on a puzzle at the library, or get some work done (I teach nights, so my work is wherever I need it to be). I don't clean up while DH is gone - dishes & kitchen yes, but toys &...
My oldest had two bullies in his nursery school class - at age 3/4. I'd have classified them then as brats, but now at age 6 they are full-fledged bullies. Ironically, the mom of one is a teacher.
I actually left my job before I got pregnant (long story) and was planning to take a month or two off and then go back to work. But then six weeks later I was pregnant. We'd been trying to TTC for over a year - guess it was a good thing I quit! We knew we wanted to have me stay home, so I didn't get a job b/c I knew I'd just leave a few months later. Plus I was getting unemployment, so I would have had to work full-time to beat what I was getting to essentially stay...
We belong to the Y - once each of my kids turned 6 weeks, I was back at the Y working out. They have a babysitting service for kids from 6 weeks to 6 years old. My youngest was so excited when he turned 3 because now he's in the "big kids room" - they love it, plus usually they see a few of their friends there which is great. I love it because I do pilates on Tuesdays and run on the treadmill Thu or Friday. And I see some of my friends too. When I was trying to...
bumping - seriously need a rec on a somewhat supportive, preferably female but I'm flexible on that, OB who will listen to me and respect my tendency to research and study every aspect of my life! I dislike being talked down to by docs, but have been lucky to find docs in other areas of my life that respect me... except OBs. Anyone? Must be Hartford area - I live in NW CT.
Psychological Health Associates in West Hartford has a few psychiatrists and psychologists who work with children. I'm not familiar with them directly; I see someone else there. But it's an excellent practice, very busy. Why not ask your ped?
I'm 38 1/2, contemplating a third pregnancy (kids are 3 & 5). I used CNMs with both pregnancies, loved them, but the reality is I am high-risk. I had preeclampsia with both children, diagnosed earlier and worse with #2. I've thought about sticking with my CNMs - they know me quite well and picked up on some of the subtle differences that can be critical for preeclampsia. BUT at the same time I never saw a perinatologist (though I asked) and I really think I needed...
My boys are 3 & 5 and active, and DH travels every week. So here's what I do, good and bad. 1. I head to the Y. I work out, the kids go to the kids' room and play with friends, and it burns off some energy for all of us 2. I do kooky things some days, esp. when the weather's bad. We pulled the shades, took out play tents, our sleeping bags, and had a flashlight party - that lasted about 2 hrs so I could get some work done. 3. Library and park. Lifesavers. ...
DH and I have one checking account, several investment accounts, and all are joint except his 401K, and our IRAs (by law they have to be separate). He pays the bills, I enter them into quicken, and we review our finances every 2-3 weeks. I do the budget and most of the grocery shopping. Recently I've gone back to work very part-time (I teach nights at the University). My money goes right into the general pool, though if there is something I want to get for my office,...