or Connect

Posts by bougivalbaby

I think you should go over there, and say, "my kids are home schooled. Do you think you could introduce me to some of the other kids mothers, to see if we could make playdates."
Is this possible, legal, or a good idea?  What do they mean, that they aren't ready for it??   I also heard on NPR about early puberty, but what I remember, was that they were discussing girls as young as 6 getting their period.  I do feel for those mothers and their girls, because I don't think the child is ready at that age to deal with the hormones.  Also, because my own period has a great impact on my mood, my energy, and it used to hurt so badly.  My skin still...
Thank you all, Ladies for your input. My daughter had strep-throat, then my husband was ill, then we had a visitor, so that is why I haven't got back to you.  I did read all the posts, though, and the personal experiences were very reassuring!   We have had the results of the evaluations nationale, and while I thought the test was very easy, my daughter seems to know what she is supposed to in France.  I will try to get her to read more on her own, and perhaps...
Thank you both, for your thoughts.  Although she likes poems, they have kids memorize them here, and recite them in class.  She never does this perfectly, which really bothers her.  I understand that it is a good exercise for the brain to memorize, but since I have the same problem with my memory, I can understand her frustration with the poesie. She is not particularly fighting me on learning English, she just doesn't want to do any work at home, even the flute, which...
Well, I know she loves English, because she says so...and that comes out sometimes for no reason...she just says it.  Hopefully, she will love writing it eventually.  Wednesdays are a day off for younger children here, so at least she has that day to rest, besides the weekends.   So, are you saying that homeschooling is just about leaving the kid to school themselves when they are interested, because I'm wondering what will happen if she doesn't get interested? 
Oh, I do read to her every night.  I think, this is the problem, it is easier to be read to, and she says she is too tired to do it herself...she made me edit that.
Hi, Thanks for your input.  It is true that the languages have the same alphabet, but I have to say from my perspective, French is very difficult!  I have failed to home school myself in it.  While it is nice that she speaks French, I think it is more useful for her to have very good English, which is why I want to try and keep her level up.  If she can't write, she might use it less and less as she ages, and lean more toward the French. Ah well, I would like her to...
Hello, We are living in France, and my child does go to school here. I admit, French school is pretty child unfriendly, but my daughter really likes going to school and doesn't even want to change her school for something less rigid. My problem, is that although they learn English, it is very minimal.  My daughter speaks English very well, but she needs to start learning to write and read in it more.  She can read in both languages, but does very little writing in...
My dd is having problems, so I came on here to search for ideas.  I bought the book "Little Girls Can Be Mean", which is a very true title!  Anyhow, I have read to her out of the book (she is 7), and it has helped a bit, because it as though we have a plan.  I am not just leaving her to deal with it, though.  I spoke with one mother who is completely oblivious to what her daughter is up to, and I said it was fine if her daughter didn't want to play with mine anymore, but...
Hi, I've sent a few emails, but I think she may not be reading them...I've had a package gone missing on it's way to me....it's been over 2 1/2 weeks in France(according to tracking), but I haven't seen it, and I would like her to make a claim with the post office......if you know her, could you have her check her emails? Thanks!