or Connect

Posts by FitMOmmyOf2

Ugh, still in a funk when it comes to meal planning!.. I seem to rather go day by day spontaneous cooking!.. Yesterday we had pasta 'Nonfredo' with sauteed mushrooms and oninon, today I plan on makings Isa's Sloppy Joes...
Congrats on baby #4, Caiesmommy!!! My Goodness, I can't even imagine how it must have been having your baby and moving within a few days!!! The pasta dish sounds delish, I'll have to check out 'Oh She Glows' for the recipe, thanks for the hint!!!   Nothing special here... eating lots of frozen meals (home made) and pasta... 
We had Zucchini noodles a la Isa today http://www.theppk.com/2013/08/zucchini-noodles-with-peanut-sauce/ and they were amazing!!! (I love my spiralizer too! First time I've used it tonight and I can see myself trying to spiralize everything veggie LOL). Yesterday it was some Lentil Eggplant dish over baked polenta. 
Thanks for re-viving the thread! :) I haven't planned much in the past months ever since we've moved back stateside end of April... Yesterday we had 'Chick'n' sweet & sour stir fry with brown rice, Friday was stuffed (Nappa) cabbage (with TVP) and potatoes and today we had potato soup with fresh home made sourdough dinner rolls. Not sure yet what I'll make this week, I have to dig through my folders with tons of printed recipes! I need to finally utilize those more instead...
I'm another vegan that is making the exception with local raw honey and don't feel bad about it, to be honest. To me it's not the same as it is with the dairy & meat industry and consuming honey actually has more benefits for me personally.   I've had people tell me that under those conditions I wouldn't be able to call myself being a true vegan... I guess in the end I just call myself a plant eater! 
I've fallen off the planning wagon again .... I mostly try to use up what we have left in the freezer as well as in the pantry (lots of dried or frozen beans, grains like rice, quinoa..) since we're about to move back to the US in 6 weeks. Due to the weather it's been a lot of bean & lentil dishes, mainly soups and stews combined with fresh bread, nothing overly exciting but still very tasty! 
Ugh, these past days were again just an go-by-ear thing.. We had a big green salad w/eggplant 'bacon' (Isa's recipe from AFR) and baked tofu twice in a row; mainly because DH brought 2 huge heads of lettuce from the market the other day and I have NO space in our tiny (European) fridge!.. Breakfast for dinner is something the kids love, so we had that as well a few times during the past weeks...   Today we'll have baked potato wedges, green beans, chick'n nuggets...
Thanks for bumping it back up, Kate! I always forget to post here and still suck with planning my meals in advance!    I've been cooking a few dishes from Kathy Hester's "The vegan slow cooker"; some success, some failure.. The 'Mix & Match Jambalaya' (Sunday) was ok but no big rave.., the 'Sweet Potato White Bean soup' (Monday) was an epic fail! Not sure what went wrong.. I followed the recipe to a 'T' and my family didn't like it! *sigh* It was a tad too watery...
Ohh.. this looks yummy!!! Thanks for sharing! 
These past 2 nights we had 'chik'n' noodle soup with fresh home made rye bread and tonight we'll have roasted bell pepper potato soup and a big green salad. Originally I planned on making the dish as a 'paprikash' with the potatoes in the pressure cooker, but it turned out too liquid-y, so I turned it into soup! Good thing we all love soup here!  I still got ~5 big zucchinis and 2 big red bell peppers here with which I'll need to figure out what to make... I also have...