or Connect

Posts by Golden

How hot is it where you live? I'm in MA. It's mid 70s here now. I grow tomatoes (3), peppers(3) and basil(3). I do a quick water hopefully after dinner, but if I don't have time I do it first thing in the AM. And 2hrs a day of watering? Really? Again, where do you all live? I have never in 6 years of garderning watered more than a few minutes per plant, if that, even when it's 90 degrees.
Wow. I say it all the time. Everyone talks like that here in MA.
Quote: Originally Posted by bettyjones I am reading birth to 3 book by Paula Polk lillard. The child bed sounds interesting. We co-sleep but was curious is others have tried it. Lo is 8months. Thinking I could switch to child bed when she is 2 or 3. We co slept til my sons were 3 and 2. During the transition, we started them on futons on the floor, first at nap only, then at night after a couple months maybe? We gated the top of the stairs...
Before reading that first response, I was coming to say the same things. Look Park and Eric Carle! Look Park has a cool small steam train too!
The other one is on Sawin St, I think. They are both fairly close to each other. It's over in the direction of the Dairy Queen!
Clair-a But I've heard Clah-rah too.
I live 3 miles away in Hudson, the next town over. And from what I read in the papers, the Charter school, the Advanced Math and Science Academy http://www.amsacs.org/ashco/index.php is kind in flux right now. They seem to be trying be figure out what do do administratively. Power struggles, etc. I am hoping they figure it out in the 3 years when my son will be ready for middle school. And yes, the free wading pools are fun and the town lake is nice too. Hudson's...
Magentic locks are super easy (as long as you keep the magnet nearby!) When I had two kids that age, we had a low gate in the door way. It was short enough for my 5 year old to step over, but high enough where my young toddler couldn't. This is similar to one we had. It was made by Gerry, which I think is now Evenflo. It is adjustable in width. And for the height, we just removed the part of the frame that holds the side edge tight and let it lay flat. the mesh was...
In my son's Montessori classroom, they have a stand with all it's prettiness- nailbrush, pitcher of water, shallow ceramic bowl, small towel, soap, etc. But that's not where 30 kids wash their hands. I think it's just for lessons and using of the hand washing material during work time. You know, get a lesson in how to effectively clean hands from beginning to end, so that they can then transfer that skill to the bathroom when it's time for the real thing. I think of...
My son, even at 9 years old still uses his shirt as a napkin or a towel, and he puts the neck of the shirt in his mouth on occasion when he is anxious. After reading Clean Planet, Clean House, she said that stain stick was the one evil she used as she could never make something or buy something earth friendly that actually worked. She recommended the Spray N Wash Stain Stick. My target and Walmart recently stopped sellling them. I panicked because they actually...