or Connect

Posts by stirringleaf

just wanted to clarify. when i said " literary agents arent needed in this age" i meant in this current era.. not referring to your DDs agegroup. but just that the Internet has blown up the idea of a closed-door world of agents and publishers. the woman who wrote Juno was essentially self-publshing the idea on the internet when it was discovered ( i think) and there are just all kinds of stories like that. but you really do have to spend the time networking your head...
i am of the opinion that agents arent needed in this age. i could be wrong as i dont really write fiction. but i am a small press activist , and so i see agents as a hoop you CAN jump through, but you can also just submit work directly to publishers. or publish it yourself. Getting published has soooo much to do with networking. Look up the Writers Collaborative in your area. They are all over the country and they are working writers that go into the schools and...
I am starting an art center and community print shop in my town. It will have workshops and shared resources for people to do all kinds of art and create books and publications. We are going to seek out funding for writing residencies designed for parents! We would like to have a mother or father be able to come, use a studio for quiet writing time while thier kid(s) get to participate in arts programming. Like a camp for the kids! and then the parent / resident writer...
very polite! it makes the person feel appreciated. it takes time and thought to choose who to invite to things, and usually the event is special, so thanking them is kind of showing them you appreciate their desire to share a special time with you. it shows you think well of them.
just FYI i think it can actually be cheaper to rent 2 rooms in a house than rent a 2 bedroom apt. me and ds each have a bedroom and i pay about $175 less than i did at my 2 bedroom. of course, my friend is giving me a deal a little, but not really.
no advice on the how, just that i moved in with a friend that is a single dad, two months agoo. its going ok. we have been friends for about 10 years so i pretty much knew what i was getting into. but still it is hard to give up my privacy! i am a really private person. i dont want someone elses 9 year old using my personal soap in the shower, and i dont like when my roomate moves my comb to another place, and i really dont like having someone else always around and...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie They've probably been extensively trained on the dangers of salmonella, etc and are only doing what they're told. I bring my own bags, too. I either ask them to put all my meat in one plastic bag, or I put it all in one washable cloth bag and then wash it right away. Those meat packages leak. I really wouldn't put them in with other food. i bet it might even be health code. they might get docked or...
I lose stuff all the time. do you? i cant stand t his about myself. this morning? i couldnt find my keys. Its been so great lately cuz i decided to start carrying mym purse and to put my keys in it each and every time i need to set them down. its been working great. but yesterday i ran 100000 errrands. on my bike. i picked ds up at school in the car, took the car home, and then got on the bike. so this morning when i couldnt find them i started to fret that they had...
i am just posting to agree. especially to agree that i love chubby little babies that look like thier hands are screwed on... my ds was like that and i miss his chubby chubs so much!!!!!! ( he is 6 now)
not to be sexist but i have noticed that fathers seem to kind of think thier kids are more capable than they actually are. It might be some instinct akin to our mama instincts... but regardless i think yours should rule here because yours doesnt involve the risk. so you should win and he should BEAR his hurt feelings. har har sorry i couldnt stop myself from being punny