or Connect

Posts by stirringleaf

i bought a used Burley 5 years ago for $50 and am still using it regularly. I dont know how uncomfy the seat is compared to anything newfangled but my son has never complained. things i dont like--the snaps are hard to do. there are little cracks in the corners in the way the fabric is put together so small objects like toy cars or keys can fall out while you are riding. other than that i like it. 33edc§c§3edc§3edc§ great. my computer is now acting up as you can...
what you wrote right there is really nice, and you could edit it to be directed to her. Or, you could simply invite her over for dinner or something and tell her "I am really glad we are hanging out so much these days. Thank you for listening, thank you for being there. Life is short, and i just want you to know I appreciate your friendship!" it might feel weird to say something like that, but its actually very nice and people like to hear that they are appreciated!
i am so freaking glad you guys posted about this. i think ? there might be a special mom-and-me breakfast at ds's school tomorrow! gotta check the calander. i just want a day off. maybe snuggles. mainly i dont want to have to say the same thing 300 times to have it happen. will i get that? ok, wishful thinking.
I need help coming up with a Green Living solution. I need to know by wednesday. Anyone creative and knowledgeable out there? http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post11088853
Help me with this idea: Is it possible to run a portable printer and scanner from some kind of solar generator for under $500? I am working on a grant for something , and just realized I should think as green as i can while i am at it. So. I want to be able to scan and print for I guess about an hour would be enough. longer would be better. I would like it to recharge easily and not be full of lead or dangerous components that might put kids at risk ( adults would be...
i agree with avani. i just got out of the great sex no connection little boy kind of relationship---and it was great and fun but it ended badly. he was "a little self destructive" like you say. i didnt think i would ever have great sex like that again or be so attracted to anyone else. i thought i would be making some kind of sacrifice when my above friend came to me with his feelings. i just wasnt as attracted to him. or so i thouight.. anyway i cant explain it very...
hey guys. havent kept up here in a while. and i havent read this thread for this month yet but i will as soon as i get my excitement out i have had this very great friend. he was in a relationship. so i never considered dating him, didnt flirt with him, nothing like that. but sometimes i would feel so happy around him that my heart would soar. i chalked it up to my own personal growth , just trying to be happy as much as i can and really appreciate things and...
Quote: Originally Posted by avengingophelia I don't believe you have any obligation to answer this question and others have given lots of polite response ideas. I am, however, bothered by the assumption that asking is rude, and that the only people who don't know that are "lower class." No. Being able to talk honestly and openly about money is not rude. We learned to be secretive about it from people who didn't want us to organize our labor, knowing that...
Quote: Originally Posted by LavenderMae Oprah didn't grow up rich though and had plenty of hard knocks along the way. I'm actually not much of a fan though. well dude, i am not going to get in a huge standoff about oprah.. that would be silly. i was trying to illustrate my point that she has tons and tons of money and she does a lot of good with it. but yeah i gues you are right, it is probably cuz she can identify. HOWEVER... i also think...
i am sorry, that is so hard... i cant help but ask, though. this isnt the same guy from the thread entitled something like "i just had a gun pulled on me" is it? very weird to have 2 posts about the same kind of incident.