or Connect

Posts by stirringleaf

well, first of all, if the woman does not feel the same way, then that means your friend cant pursue the relationship outside her marriage. it must feel terrible in her husband's shoes, yet it doesnt necessarily mean they have to divorce. Maybe they can use this issue to address what is wrong in the marriage. maybe things can improve. could you support her in that way, just helping rationalize? Cuz honestly you can be in love with people who just arent good for...
i do a lot of public kinds of things, so i meet a ton of people everywhere. Plus, this is a relativly small city, and so you end up running into everyone all day long any time you leave your house. it gets to the point, because there are some places that EVERYONE seems to go, that everyone in town pretty much looks familiar in some way. so when one of these familiar people starts talking to me like they know me, i cant figure out if they are from DS's school, from my work...
2 bedroom, duplex, fine neighborhood, but ultra run-down house ( ds and i brush our teeth in the kitchen sink, if that gives you any idea) 595 a month plus electricity. heat is electric baseboard heaters with no thermostats on them and i am now convinced there is no insulation in the walls. heat ran me about 180 /month all winter. i am now way behind in it, and kind of panicking. gas is about 3.20 here? i didnt look today. but i can walk and bike to most places i...
i rebelled by graduating high school. a therapist once told me that i survived very well considering what my home life was all about as a kid. i smoked cigarettes and pot starting at 14, moved on to hash when we moved to europe at age 16, lots of both while there, drank, sometimes snuck out, skipped a ton of class, failed AP english on purpose ( they wouldnt let me drop it unless failing....i thought it was a bunch of busy-work and wanted out) wore weird clothes,...
i cross posted with unschool ma... just wanted to add that yeah i agree you shouldnt have to stop being with your group of friends though. you should just tell him that you dont want to hang out with him alone , the two of you, until he gets it figured out. dont provide opportunities for him to confide in you more about their relationship i am sure she is jealous and maybe has a negative attitude, but it would also be really painful knowhing that the father of your...
you need to move on. he sounds emotionally immature. he has a kid, he needs to step up. if he is unhappy in the relationship with his GF he needs to A) do everything in his power to fix it, since they have a kid and B) if it cant be fixed, he needs to leave her but in the BEST , LEAST DRAMATIC way possible, i.e. NOT by jumping into your bed. i know it feels flattering to have a longtime crush kind of come around, but really you are only going to find a huge mess if...
GASP!!!!!!!!!!! THEY GOT ME TOO!!!!!!!!! i totally used it as an example of how messed up the world is (in a conversation, just a FEW MINUTES AGO!!!!). Custom Time OH MY GOSH well, at least the world is that much less messed up!!!!
i really don't have words. only that it adds to the sick feeling i got in my stomach when i turned on the local college station, cranked up a somewhat peppy, upbeat, indy-emo-rock-pop song while me and ds sat in the car wash....only to realize a few minutes later that the lyrics different singers were taking turns singing all artsy-like were "kill people" over and over again. as a person who once listened to rap and punk with the rest of them, i just felt that my...
i LOVE that its the girlier one on top!
BANNED! i liked feeling BAD! cuz normally i am: : except when camping in the red tent, that is