or Connect

Posts by StrawberryFields

I am not really and OLDIE, oldie, but I joined early in 2005 when I was pregnant with my DS, who is now turning 8. I take long breaks from MDC and nowadays I can barely find my way around. I still read regularly but haven't posted in years. So much has changed for me, and raising older children is such an overwhelming experience. I feel like the decisions I make now are so much more complex and profound than they were when I was merely chattering on about homebirth...
Well, I have had two hospital births (one transfer/one planned) and one successful home birth. I am definitely not trying to glamorize hospital birth, but I did have a great experience there. The reason I selected hospital the third time was partially financial, but also partially for my own comfort. We have a 900 sq foot house and had a 4 and 2 year old already. I pictured having the baby in the middle of the night, desperately trying to get some sleep the next...
I am so, so sorry to hear this. Peace to DragonflyBlue during this time of unimaginable loss.
DDC crashing :) I agree with everyone else on the thread.  I have a 5 year old ds, a 3 year old dd, and a 1 year old dd.  My son was a high energy baby and toddler, but my youngest daughter is EXACTLY the same.  At 1 year old they refused to sit in the stroller, darted out of the stores, pulling merchandise off the shelves, climbing up on the kitchen table.  Both times (with ds and now with little dd) I had to chain the kitchen chairs to the table legs...   My middle...
We got my ds the book "Insiders Space" for his 5th birthday (along with Insiders Dinosaurs and Insiders Volcanoes and Earthquakes).  He loves it, and it was really inexpensive used on Amazon.   He also has the Imaginext Space shuttle and all the accessories.     Oh, oops, I totally missed that you didn't want to go the book route.  Disregard!! LOL! 
Thank you for your responses!!  I have started the antibiotics.  Normally I am not one to run and get abx right away... in fact, I don't recall my ds ever having them before.  But I was very distressed about what I saw today and wanted him to start ASAP hoping that he would have a vast improvement by tomorrow in hopes of possibly canceling the appointment with the urologist.      Honestly, I think the doctor I saw today was VERY overwhelmed and unsure about what he saw in...
I don't know if that link is working for anyone else, I can't seem to get it to work when I click on it but it works when I put it right in my address bar.  This is my first time using this new format and I am so confused.  Not to mention I am so stressed out and worried about this and while I am trying to read and research and find help, my ds peed on himself and my two darling daughters dumped a whole box of crackers on the floor and smashed them with their feet.  And...
Hi there,   This is going to be a little abbreviated because I have three kids running around like maniacs, but I would love some advice or BTDT.  My ds (5) has complained of pain in his penis since last night.  This morning it was very swollen and painful and by afternoon he was running a slight fever.  I spent a ton of time searching and reading the forum this afternoon and read a lot of good information.  I tried warm baking soda baths and Motrin to ease his...
I am left handed and it is a complete non issue to me. I don't even think about it. Certainly not as much as right handed people seem to, considering that right handed people constantly comment about me being left handed. "Oh, a lefty, eh?" But anyways, the only problem I have ever, ever had was that as a child I didn't have access to left handed scissors so I learned to cut right handed instead. Other than that, never had an issue. And I am not ambidextrous in...
Dh does not need to get up with the baby. I don't see any reason for him to get up too since I need to feed her. His nighttime duties are to take care of the older kids if they call out.