or Connect

Posts by StrawberryFields

Quote: Originally Posted by klemomma I too would not think it was the Kozy, but something else. I would definitely discuss it with the dr! I can't imagine why it could be the Kozy but it seems like one heck of a coincidence that she started turning blue when I put her in it and pinked back up when I pulled her out.. I don't get it though, she wasn't positioned with her chin to her chest or anything, in fact she was looking up at me so she...
NAK and wrestlinng a squirmy 8 month old Hi mamas, I took my 8 month old for a walk today. She was in a Kozy, just a regular front carry, nothing fancy. Suddenly I noticed she was all blue around the mouth! First, I thought maybe I was seeing things but I looked at all different angles, stroking her cheeks, bouncing her a bit, and finally it got to the point where I was sure of what I was seeing. The skin surrounding her mouth had an obvious bluish cast and I...
I made this same discovery!! And the funny thing is I WAS doing laundry almost every day, yet I still struggled with it backing up. For some reason it must have been the sorting that was causing problems. Now I just throw one load in a day, everything together. Well, except for kitchen laundry. I still separate that out and wash once or twice a week by itself. And crazily, the laundry now stays caught up!!
Either my fridge is super tall, or I am super short, because I can't reach up there. So, nothing. There is a cabinet up there but I can't reach it either. If I put something decorative I don't think anyone would be able to see it.
I was in your shoes during my last pregnancy. My first baby was an attempted homebirth, hospital transfer, and I got an epidural at the very end. My second birth was a successful drug free homebirth. My third pregnancy I really struggled on whether to have a hospital birth or a homebirth. For me, the pain of labor was traumatic. I experienced fetal ejection reflex with my second birth and it was shockingly painful and I was completely overwhelmed and unprepared. I...
We have a tiny house and I got rid of a lot and used less and less with each baby. With one exception--I did actually use the swing and the exersaucer more. In fact, I didn't even have them at all with my first baby. Once I had more than one kid to attend to, I needed something to soothe and/or entertain the baby sometimes while I attended to my older kids needs.
Quote: Originally Posted by moxygirl I have a hard time visualizing this. So the newborn would go in the back/bottom seat? Cuz I know my older baby would not be happy sitting behind something that blocked his view. I think I'd feel weird putting a tiny baby that close to the ground. I'd think they'd get splattered by water/mud/dust. Am I missing something? I am not a mom of multiples but I have a Phil & Ted's. I use it for my 2.5 year old and...
I found that having a bunch of people here during early labor was a hindrance. Once I was in full blown, can't-take-it-anymore, near transition labor it didn't really matter how many people were here or who they were though. I think the mail man could have gotten in on it without me batting an eye, really! But early in the game my mom, kids, MIL, even the midwife and doula, it was all too much. My midwife actually ordered everyone but dh out of the house for awhile. ...
In general, my kids are allowed to talk to strangers. Dd never will, in fact, she won't even talk to family (aunts, uncles) or familiar strangers (doctor, mail carrier, etc) when I am standing right there. She is very, very shy. Ds, OTOH, will talk someone's ear off. We live on a big open electrical field and our backyard is not fenced. They are not allowed to talk to strangers in the field. That is one thing that I am not comfortable with. I don't think that any...
Quote: Originally Posted by zanelee I have a good friend who does that. I always have wanted to ask, "Did you loose a nipple?" hehe I've been nursing for 5 years straight now and I'm always shamelessly reaching in, adjusting my nursing pads, snapping my bra closed, putting pressure on my boobs when I feel the start of an unwanted let-down, etc. I always figured, whatever, I'm a nursing mom, no big deal. It's like second nature. Recently...