or Connect

Posts by StrawberryFields

There is a ton of stuff I could be doing but with a 5.5 month old baby who never lets me put her down, it feels like the only thing I CAN do is sit here on the couch. With the baby on my lap and the computer sitting next to me. Day in, day out.
We chose to stay with our 5 passenger Pontiac Vibe and it has been great. Kids fit fine in the back, with the carseats we already had. I can fit the double jogging stroller in the back, groceries, etc. We have gone camping with it too, no trouble with having enough room for our gear. And the gas mileage is excellent. I have zero desire to move into a bigger, more expensive vehicle.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGirls My issue with the Pack 'n Play is that the top bassinetts come with like a 15lb weight limit, and the main compartment is sooooo deep that I can't ever put, say, a sleeping baby all the way down there. For the pre-pulling up phase I'd really like something shallower. Something i could put 2 babes in at once would be a bonus... My MIL has a mini crib at her house for the grandkids. Maybe something like...
My ds is about to turn 5 and he loves dogs too, and his stuffed dogs. Build a Bear has some great accessories for stuffed dogs. My kids have the leash and collar sets (they work on any stuffed dogs) and they also have dog bowls from the $1 aisle at Target. Ds has the Build a Bear dog house/dog bed on his birthday list. Ds also loves any kind of dress up/pretend and on his birthday list are things like an Iron Man costume, a Ben 10 Omnitrix, Batman cape, etc. He...
Chiming in to say you can totally do it!! Especially if you purge clothes. I wouldn't even be stressed about the situation at all, it sounds like there will be PLENTY of room for everyone! We have 5 in our family and we are just a hair over 900 square feet, with three bedrooms and one super tiny bathroom. Just to give an idea, dh and I share one closet, and dd (2 yrs) and ds (4 yrs) share one dresser (PJs, underwear and pants) and a clothes pole (shirts). The baby's...
Oops, I voted wrong. Even though I read it I missed the part where there could be no person of any age in the room. I was thinking more like w/o parents or adults entertaining them. Initially I voted over 2 hours, but he has a sibling and they are always together. So that would take it down to pretty much never. Our house is like 900 square feet and there are 5 of us, the older two share a room. I don't know if it is even POSSIBLE for him to be completely alone in...
Normally dh and I fight each other about the AC--he wants it on, I want the windows open. But not when we have a young baby. I can't STAND sticky, flushed, sweaty hot naked baby stuck to me!! Not that I can't stand the snuggly baby, of course--but I just can't stand our skin being stuck together. Too bad our central air went out yesterday
I would definitely not go. I get why you got an invite, my family is the same way. You invite EVERY family member out of respect, and because every family member is welcome. It's a way of saying hey, even though our lives are busy, even though you live hours or states away--we still think of you and you are family to us. We don't actually expect those people to come or to send gifts. I would not go but I would send a card and a note.
I have cheap crappy pop molds but can usually get them out pretty easily. What I do is I flip it so the pops are right side up, run hot water over the one I want to take out. I grasp the stick and when I can wiggle and rotate the pop in a complete circle I stop the water and gently use gravity to ease it out. My pops are circular though, I suppose this wouldn't work with flat popsicle molds.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThisCat I honestly do not understand for the life of me what the harm is in feeding the kid. What are people afraid will happen? What is so wrong with indulging a child's "want" as long as there is not harm in it? I mean I won't let my daughter live off cupcakes because it would be detrimental to her health. But feed her? Sure. Sign me up. To not feed her when I am perfectly capable of doing so would be a conscious...