or Connect

Posts by StrawberryFields

With my first I wanted to get out of there ASAP, but my doctor was also the baby's doctor, and she knew we had transferred in from a planned homebirth. She released us as soon as I asked to go. With my third I was more than happy to stay the whole duration. Laying in bed, snuggling with my baby, having food brought to me, while dh stayed home and wrestled with the 2 and 4 year old, watching kid movies and sweeping up mac and cheese ground into the carpet
I would totally get the talking ones, they look awesome. Just like the real thing! My 2 and 4 year old also love Toy Story. Good luck deciding!
Quote: Originally Posted by Darlingricki74 That's kind of how I feel. My baby is almost 2 months. Her name is Adriana Max, but we call her Max. I never know what to say when people ask her name. If I say Max,they automatically assume it's a boy(and get confused since she's usually dressed very pink and girly! LOL). So I start to wonder if maybe we should just call her Adriana. But we really like Max(the only reason it's her middle name and not her...
I have doubts about my third child's name. It feels weird when I say it and since we call her by a nickname I never know how to introduce her when people ask. I voted only brief doubts though because she is 5 months and I think it is getting better for me already. I think I just have to get used to using her name now that she is here.
Swimsuits do not get washed every time, except for the kids, because they wear them around the yard (sand, mud, grass, water, etc). Me and dh, they get washed sparingly. We have a hot tub and dh takes dd to swim class so they would be in the laundry all the time if we washed them after every use... Jeans I wash whenever I notice they are dirty. Every 1-2 times for the kids, as long as I can stretch it for me without getting dripped on dumped on puked or peed...
I hear you. People think I'm a nut because I let my kids play in the backyard. With the windows and doors to the house propped open. And a large window facing the back. Usually I let it roll of my back and think, "Really? The kids shouldn't even play in their own backyard? REALLY?" but sometimes it starts to wear on me and I wonder if I am in the wrong here. So yes, I think you are doing totally fine and the other people are crazy. If an 11 year old can't ride a...
Eeek What the heck is wrong with people. The same thing happened to my dh several years back. Woke up in the middle of the night to find his car on fire. Totally, completely burned up. Ugh. So glad you guys were OK, so sorry it happened to you.
Well, I try to keep two things in mind. One, is that I can't let what others do or don't do affect my own plans. Some people want to throw $1k parties, some people want to have backyard BBQs. Either way I am sure it is going to be a good time. The other thing I keep in mind is that you really don't know what something cost. We have a 4th of July party with a bounce house that normally would cost well over $200 to rent. What our guests don't know is that we know...
Do you eat dinner as a family? If so, could you work out a compromise? He can have his facebook time in the morning, but at the dinner table TV/computers/phones are off limits? That is kind of how we do it here. I mean, I can't really say I blame your dh for wanting to check the computer in the AM. I fix the kids breakfast and while they eat, I sit at the table and check my email, facebook, message boards, etc., and have a cup of coffee. It's what I am doing right...
I think it is crazy bizarre to ask for a sibling gift right on the invite. However, I have done it on my own--brought a sibling gift on the younger child's first birthday. I think it can be confusing for the little ones when their sibling has a birthday for the first time, even when there is normally no rivalry. I have brought something little (less than $5) and given it to them, saying thank you to them for being such a great big brother/big sister this past year.