or Connect

Posts by StrawberryFields

Well, I discovered two horrifying things after birth that I had * no idea * about. Anal fissures, and pelvic organ prolapse.
I agree with the others, I would give it up. It seems pretty clear that right now he is not ready, not happy, and not comfortable. I would either try again when he is older--maybe in a parent/child class--and/or also consider the fact that swimming/boating/the water might just never be an interest for him. Continuing the struggle is only going to turn him off even more than he already is.
As a comparison, 2.5 months was about the age where I cautiously began to leave the house (without the baby) for about an hour at a time, to run small errands. I can't imagine that by 3 months any of my babies would have been ready for me to be away for 2 nights, and I know I would most definitely not have been able to manage being so far from my newborn for so long. Like, I seriously think it would have made me physically, and overwhelmingly sick. From a supply...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid They get washed after the dog licks them out, so they're no dirtier than any other dish in someone's house. Well, like I said, maybe since I don't have dogs I just can't relate! But I can't stomach the idea of the dogs licking out the food bowls! Even if they ARE washed afterward. We used to have a dog though, and I was grateful for her help with cleaning up dropped Cheerios and kiddie crumbs, I'll tell...
OK, my kitchen is definitely not spotless or sanitized every day but I am officially NOT eating at someone's house anymore if they have a dog!! Maybe it is just because we don't have one, so I can't relate--but licking out the pots and pans and dishes? Eeek!!! I think the comments on the original article were a little harsh though!! Pigs, with no pride? I didn't think the confessions were THAT bad!! Maybe my house is dirtier than I thought...
My 2 year old and 4 year old STTN in their own room, most of the time. On occasion someone wakes and calls out to us, or the 2 year old wanders into our room at 3 AM or something. But for the most part even if they cry out they go back to sleep on their own before we can even get to them.
I always put dd in the exersaucer thingie (ours is really small and fits in our tiny 2' by 2' bathroom) with some cheerios or whatever. Or in the high chair, which I would put right outside the bathroom door (can see from the shower). I did this until she was like 18 months even, just to keep her out of trouble. Ds, I would either shower when dh got home from work or shower during his naps.
I don't think anything is weird because everyone is different. If that is what you want, it's what you want, know what I mean? It's not for me though, I prefer to spend Mother's Day with my family. Once dh suggested that on Mother's Day he should take the kids and go by his mom with them so I could have the house to myself. I turned that down because I felt like it was the opposite of Mother's Day for me. I would rather go to the park together or to the zoo, or out...
You aren't alone!!! So far I got to push dh out of bed with the baby so I could sleep in (though by the time he finally rolled out of bed I was wide awake), make breakfast for everyone and get the kids dressed, and do a load of laundry. In a little bit I will take ds to Sunday School and go to the grocery store, then I will prepare some food for lunch and get the gifts ready for our mothers. Dh hasn't even said a word other than to tell ds, "Mommy is in a bad mood...
I send out invites for our yearly family Xmas party and each family is supposed to mail a check to cover their portion. If I send a SASE I get over 99% of the money by the deadline. If I don't send a SASE hardly anyone responds and I have to front a lot of the money myself and collect what I can in person at the party. Because of this I always send the SASEs now. HTH!