or Connect

Posts by StrawberryFields

I don't want to say that I hate it, because I am thankful to be this far into a healthy pregnancy. And I know I always spend the earliest weeks fretting over why I don't feel sick yet, and the latter weeks groaning and complaining about how sick I am LOL. This is likely to be my last pregnancy and I am trying my hardest to stay positive throughout. That said, the first trimester is not my favorite. At this point I spend about 90% of my day sitting on the couch and...
When it gets really bad I dab a little baby Vicks under my nose to help cover all the offending odors. Especially when I am trying to sleep and all I can smell is ickiness surrounding me.
I haven't seen my doctor or heard a heartbeat. My doctor doesn't see new pregnancies before 10 weeks. My appointment is June 23rd.
We just found out we are expecting #3 with an EDD of January 19th. Dd (1.5 years) birthday is January 22. So while I have no experience with it yet, it didn't matter to us as parents enough to TTC around it. Unlike others we do plan on having joint birthday parties, but probably with separate cakes or goody bags or themes--just something to differentiate. I don't want to monopolize 2 weekends in January, especially since people are burned out from Christmas.
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride So, they're removed. They still haven't apologized. What exactly has been accomplished? I only ask, because this is similar to how I've handled things with dd, and I think it's making her more resistant to apologizing to people. She already knows she's done something wrong, and being talked to about it gets her more worked up. We talk about feelings all the time around here. In the heat of the moment, she doesn't...
You women are so brave!!!!! I had FER with my last birth but not with my first. My first birth was the regular, irresistible urge to push. My body started forcefully pushing when it was time, but they were actual pushing contractions that I was able to work in conjunction with. My last birth, the second I felt the urge to push things immediately shifted and the baby basically came shooting out. In less than one minute I went from saying that I needed to push, to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sancta Likewise, StormBride, you shouldn't act as though you know the feelings of the person doing the apologizing. In many instances they may VERY WELL be truly sorry. I very much agree with you, Sancta. Just because my ds is required to apologize does not mean that he is not sincere, or that we do not also focus on empathy and future behavior. We certainly do not allow him to cheerfully yell "SORRY!" and go right...
I have never been sore during any of my pregnancies!
I am also a home daycare provider and in my opinion you are overstepping your bounds. This is the parents decision and when they are ready to make the switch they will instruct you how they want it carried out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride As the kid who was wronged - frequently - I'd suggest you figure out how that kid feels. Being picked on and bullied felt like crap. Getting an apology that I knew full well the kid was only coming out with because he had to felt worse. The whole "it's about the other person" thing is a crock. People want their child to do the "right" thing, no matter how crappy it makes someone else feel. But, let's be honest, and...