or Connect

Posts by mamakay

When to start solids doesn't have anything to do with NFL! Well, actually, my own intuition was that the correct "natural" age was when my babies started trying to grab food off my plate to eat it. Which was around 5 months.   Are you really condoning censoring scientific evidence out of discussions if the evidence goes against the consensus of a bunch of random internet people who are claiming to be an authority by virtue of their self-proclaimed crunchiness?  
I take it on a case by case basis. I've strongly defended people from here who I thought were being unfairly targeted. If the person from MDC is genuinely being silly, yeah, I'll laugh at them.  Usually, I don't join the conversation till it's not even the OP being discussed any more, but the discussion has turned into a wider rage of hypotheticals.      
No, really, there are only a couple of people who make a habit out of figuring out how far below the belt you can go. There are other members over there who never, ever post in MDC Therapy out of principal. Some people are really gossipy, but not "holy cow!" vicious. Some people only make fun of people who are rediculously judgmental. It's really a mixed bag of nuts.
Dude. Please read the studies. It's a whopping 2 articles I'm asking you to read and consider.   Please?
  When it comes to mandated reporting of abuse, how is that different from IRL after the heat of some highly emotional altercation?   What you posted about your boyfriend was "awful, scary, sad, whatever". People don't just put things in a "perhaps overdramatized" way online only - that happens IRL, too. If it's true that you "overdramatized" the abuse when posting over here, that's not the fault of MDC people. I'm sorry; it's just not.   MDC doesn't make people lie...
  It looks like a "they" but that's actually a "she", and she is notoriously one of the meanest people there. And yeah, she's mean and awful sometimes. But only about 2% of the forum population is like that. Those 2% folks really stick out, tho.   Because people like that aren't banned, and posts like that aren't removed or edited, unmoderated forums really aren't for everyone. I can't really blame anyone for not being interested in trying to co-exist in a place with...
Also, let me tell you a story about this:       Around 2008 or 2009, I had stepped on a LOT of toes there and over here (I was actually on the cusp of getting banned over here). I had admitted when appropriate that I might not be familiar with the evidence, and also stood my ground when I really was really  familiar with the evidence.   So, this rainbow family mama from here was snarked over there for not rushing her dd to the er over a high fever. I happen to know a LOT...
  There's not one single "in" crowd over there, tho. There are several very different crowds who all interact and become more moderate by virtue of their interaction. You kind of have to be some sort of bottom 5% idiot to not be "accepted" over there (and a lot of the "popular" people over there were initially snarked, but saw how silly their views were, so they grew).   Some people are into slapping people when they're down, and they generally get called out for being...
  Yes, it's an MDC spinoff board, for the most part. People talk about delaying vaxes and nursing their 3 yo's over there, too. There are even some UCers. People over there laugh about people who really believe they're gestating rabbit fetuses over here. There are some total jerks over there, but they're in the minority, and they almost always get called out for being such huge jerks.   It's just kind of a darwinian struggle of ideas over there. Kind of like it used to...
  The way it is here now is the way it was when I joined here. Which is the only reason I'm posting here again, to be honest. Starting around 2008, every time I got a PM, I was some mix of nervous and pissed off, because there was a 50% chance I was getting an Official Warning for using an inappropriate smilie or whatever.