or Connect

Posts by momo7

I know I'm coming into the thread a little late, but I'm also a hater a fundraising and when my children have to do it I give straight up donations.  Boy Scouts was the worst.  I'm just so freaking lazy and I hated, hated doing it.  I would just buy a crap load of popcorn and send a couple of emails to the relatives and they would throw in some $$ or buy popcorn.  But damn the door to door/store thing just drove me nuts.  My kids do a huge spring fundraiser at school.  I...
Have you tried talking to your daughter's teacher(s)?  Maybe she can give your daughter extra credit homework to do, something more challenging?  While I do think that others in your daughter's class will benefit in some ways from home work assignments, I agree that it serves nothing for her to be doing work that she already knows and is excelling at.  I would bet there is something that can be worked out for her.
Not all children learn the same, obviously. Some children don't need the extra re-enforcement that others do. The boys in my son's class (boys school) are given levels according to grade. Green, yellow and red. Green level boys don't always get the same homework the yellow or red zone boys do. They may not have to review extra math facts or take another spelling test. Some children need the structure others don't but I love the accountability and responsibility factors.
I used to think homework was useless but I don't think so anymore.  My son who's in third grade struggles very much with reading and grammar, the homework he does is a huge help and gives him lots of extra practice.  If he didn't have it,  I think he would be struggling more than he is.  It also helps me know where he is academically and what he's doing in school, what he's learning and how he's being taught.  All of a sudden I have found myself not minding it so much.
I can truly relate to what you are saying.  I had the same thing happen to me.  My mother died about 3 years ago after I had cut contact with her.  The reason?  She attacked me physically in a public place, a restaurant full of people, in front of my own husband.  I told her during that altercation I hated her, I wished she were dead.  I don't know if I'll ever forgive myself for saying such a horrible thing.   My aunt, her sister, eventually told me about my...
Yes, you're right. I should have been clearer.  My bad.
When he steps down at the end of the month he won't vote for the next pontiff....he's going to join a monastery to do "spiritual reflection"....after he leaves the Vatican he will no longer have anything to do or say about the things that go on there.   don't be sorry for asking questions, the only way you will ever learn something new is by asking.   :)
I take Zoloft.  It saved my life.  But it does have withdrawal symptoms that can vary from very mild to more serious issues. I've gone off it before twice and both times it took about 2-3 weeks to get over it.  I did try natural remedies...I know they work for some people.  They didn't for me and all St. John's Wort did was make me sleep all the time and give me an intolerance for sunlight so that I have to wear sunglasses all the time or my corneas fry like a vampire at...
I started about seven years ago after the school told me I couldn't take my children out for a day to spend time with their grandmother.....that was actually the deciding point.   There were other issues that let up to that ultimate decision.  The thing that keeps me doing it is that I realized that these are MY children.  They were given to me  not to anyone else.  I thought about how they spent more time at school than at home, the teachers had a bigger influence on my...
Yep....I have two wheels. Both are Kromskis and I love them very much. Congrats on your new wheel.....are you a Ravelry member yet? They have a bunch of spinning forums....