or Connect

Posts by momo7

"open door" does not = come whenever you please.     It means "Please come and visit, at OUR convenience."    It takes A LOT of energy for a teacher to keep a class focused. A distraction like an unannounced visitor can be SO upsetting when you've spent the better part of a half-hour just to get the children focused. AGAIN.     It feels like a disaster. I know it makes me want to pull my hair out.     Ummm....I do not think that teacher was...
This is the only thing I know how to do.  Nothing else helps, and the frustration is too much to deal with.  A nice trip to Colorado sounds fun,  even if it's only to tell your mom and dad in front of the rest of the family, that you are perfectly happy with your choices and that since your baby is thriving you aren't worried and neither should they be.  Gift them with a mirror and tell them the next time they have some thing to say that is derogatory, they should just...
I have 5 boys of my own...when the first three boys were born, I was very much bullied into letting "them" ( meaning Dr.'s , my DH and my MIL) have it done.  I had no back bone and basically had no resources to lay down an argument.  When the fourth boy was coming, I really tried to educate myself and I read a lot and decided not to let anyone bully me into another decision I knew in my heart was wrong.  I told DH that I would take my baby and leave and stay away until...
It really sucks not getting the support that you need.  I've been through this myself a time or two....my DH didn't want to be with me when our  baby #2 was born, he stood in the hall at the hospital.  As time went on and after we had more children, he changed drastically.  I think it was because I had to really sit down and tell him HOW MUCH I really depended on him and needed him with me.  I told him that I didn't need someone to stand out in the hall, I needed him...
This could have been about me! http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/nov/0...nd-ar-1047823/
So wrap him in toilet paper and let him do his rounds. It's cheap and easy and it will last exactly as long as it takes him to get around the block.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa1970 When you say kids can be manipulatives..or do you mean foster kids specifically? Because if you are making an attack on foster kids, I really resent that. The only blanket statement we know about foster kids is that they are a victim of something, either the system, or their parents. I do not approve of the blame the victim mentality. If she had RAD, I doubt she would have been in a foster home with a foster mom...
Quote: Originally Posted by queenjane It doesnt make sense though. People are acting like the OP saw an act of abuse and that she should report it. THe little girl said she was going to meet her caseworker right? so if the child didnt show up, wouldnt the caseworker just go to the foster home? Why is the caseworker meeting a ten yr old child on a corner somewhere instead of at the agency or in the FH? It can't hurt to follow up, i guess...but i take issue...
Quote: Originally Posted by queenjane Um, wow. Yeah certainly its ONE possibility that the little girl is being abused by her awful FP, is afraid of her, and someone needs to look into it further. But its also likely, perhaps MORE likely, that this is a little girl with emotional issues, with a history of running away, etc. The fact that you said this little girl woudnt go with a stranger unless she was afraid....have you never heard of RAD (reactive...
I think that because we homechool, we sometimes take for granted the quality time we are able to spend with our kids because they aren't wrapped up in so much homework they would get from "public" school. For parents who send their kids to "real" school their lives revolve around a set schedule centered on school work. If homework doesn't get done, it literally is a huge issue and no parent wants to deal with the fall out of leaving school work undone. The parents...