or Connect

Posts by momo7

At the risk of getting flamed.....here's my 2 cents. I would have taken her where she wanted to go and I would have asked the foster mom why the child was so afraid of her. If foster mom called the cops that would have been great, then the little girl would have more advocates.....then I get to tell my side of the story and the little girl has another advocate. Obviously the child was afraid, I don't believe she would have approached a total stranger unless she...
Trust me when I tell you that your problem is not limited just to your village. It's prevalent here where I live in the U.S. I am ashamed to say that I have given an excuse myself a time or two. Actually, just reading about your struggle has helped me to understand, in a better light, why so many groups like your fail. I will try to do a better job on my end so that in some way it shows appreciation for what you do on your end.
I am really glad that you posted this question because I am the exact. same. way. If some one cancels I think they don't like me, my mind makes up things that I end up believing, which in reality, aren't true at all. Stupid things. I just don't believe that people like me. I have friends but I am always second guessing myself and trying to talk myself into believing that they really don't like me, they only act like they do. I know it's I try to believe the best...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amatullah0 For now, its not so much the death as it is all of the stress involved around it that is bothering me. I have to agree with you. For me, relatives were the hardest part. My mother died just last Sunday. We have never gotten along and at the time her illness began we were estranged. We were able to mend our fences (as much as could be mended) and then she died. I was there for three weeks watching...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekatherina thank you so much for your suggestions! actually that was i ve been thinking about lately...i want to open clubs for our village and the ones arround us, they have actually NOTHING for the kids (nor for grown ups btw ) but i'd like some suggestions....ive been thinking: story-telling, music class (i teach piano), drawing class ( i have a painter friend, hope can talk her into this)...what else i mean something fun...
ummm....no. No I don't believe it at all. Life with my parents (now that I know better) was not so great and at many times it was abusive to say the least. Pretty much the only thing I learned from my mother was how not to be a mother. I try very hard and very consciously not to treat my children the way I was treated when I was "disciplined" or when I questioned discipline. I want my children to ask questions about my decisions because it's very important for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cascadian Why why why? Why do they exclude others and freely talk about 'all' getting together for coffee, or how much fun dinner/the walk/the group workout was, in front of all the lesser moms? Why do they barely acknowledge anyone else's presence, and don't even try to be friendly? And they're always so pretty, well dressed, nice cars, no real problems in life other than broken nails (from said workout)? Why do they...
Have you looked on ravelry.com ? They have got about a jazillion patterns and many, many of them are free.
I agree that you shouldn't really worry about it right now. You are putting WAY to much stress on yourself worrying about something you haven't even started yet. On the other hand, HSing is a VERY personal decision and you cannot EXPECT to get support for your HSing ideas. It's not going to happen and when it comes to family, they can be the worst critics of all because they will always have something to say about it, usually on the negative side of the argument. ...
No trace of oil left in the waters. Really? Where did it all go then? Louisiana shrimpers know the truth. http://solveclimate.com/blog/2010081...e-seafood-safe http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/busin...ood_08-13.html http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/...re-opened.html