or Connect

Posts by momo7

Quote: Originally Posted by *MamaJen* My brain is so fried. I read the thread title and totally though someone was talking about carrying a 9 year old in a sling. Jeez. I'm off to make more coffee... I did too....
I'm leaving for a retreat tomorrow.....a 5 day Ignation retreat. It will be very nice and quiet. I am looking forward to having time to just get my spiritual life back on track. I am asking prayers for clarity of heart, mind and soul.
Who's fault is it really though? It's the parents, because they let him. I find that much worse. Who would let something like this be done to their child ? Who would even APPROVE that it was ok to do? And what kind of medical associations even give approval for this sort of thing? Not just the genital cutting, but of the "stimulation" issue? I just don't understand it, I cannot comprehend the kinds of people that do these things and let them happen.
Oh Shianne! That's awful. I am so sorry this is happening to you. What a crappy thing.
I still have bouts of depression with Zoloft, but it's nothing, anywhere NEAR what it used to be. I can deal with the "down" times I have now, where before it felt like a deep black pit I couldn't get out of. I have been on higher dosages before, 75mg and also 100mg.......all it did was make me feel like I was putting my finger in a light socket. I am on 50mg now and I think that it's where it should be. I can deal with the weight gain and the loss of libido, what I...
That's a great resource! I have heard of it but never seen it and frankly forgotten all about it. It's a great site.
I have never read any of those books. But I have had "revelations" of something or someone I think I might have been before. I recently took up spinning. The first time I used my spindle I just knew what to do. My spinning teacher asked me if I'd ever spun before...I'd never in my life picked up a spindle but I just started doing it...I just "remembered" how. I know I have always known how...it was there all along. I FELT it, that I'd somehow , somewhere done it...
Ha! I could have written this post. Too funny. I've struggled with this sort of feeling for a long time. I just had to realize that God made me the way that I am. I would love to act on my feelings, but I know for a fact it wouldn't be a good thing for our marriage. Just like I know having a bad diet makes me sick. So I just don't act it out. But it used to be hard to reconcile my self to the fact that I have these feelings and that they are there. I accept it,...
I am of the belief that all things are possible with God. Hasn't there been a gazillion times you have changed your plans, or whatever else because you had a second guess or a gut instinct. Call it what ever you want, but we have these abilities because they are given to us for a reason. Do I believe in psychic ability? Sure. If you say there is no such thing then you place a limit on the things God has power to do. And since God is all powerful, he can do anything,...
I am a Traditional Catholic so I might be able to help you. It means that we try to adhere to the "rules" of The Faith that were in order BEFORE Vatican II. Liturgy and rubrics are all pre-Vatican II. What does that mean? Well, the Mass is in Latin (I use a Latin-English missal to follow along), We use a confessional, the Holy Eucharist is taken in one species only (no communal wine cup) and only on the tongue, not in the hand. The tabernacle in Traditional churches...