or Connect

Posts by momo7

Quote: Originally Posted by RiverSky At least she's using it. I bought my SIL a beautiful gorgeous sling, which she said she wanted, and she has never used it and whenever I babysit, I ask her to bring the sling over so I can use it and she can never find it. : I wish she would give it back so that I could give it to someone who would use it....it cost a lot of money! I know..God I know! I bought an extra Mei Tei and gave it to my friend...
[quote=doula and mom (and this is so hard to admit, I have tears in my eyes) It's food. :sob: I know that might sound silly to some people. But the drugs/alcohol thing is really the only analogous concept I can draw. And if it were drugs or alcohol, I'd go to rehab. But I don't know what to do about this. I literally think about food ALL.DAY.LONG. I literally cannot wait until my kids go down for naps so that I can eat. And when they wake up, I...
Oh no. That's so terrible. I consider my self very religious...but it's so so so wrong to say those things to someone/anyone. It's so hurtful...I'm so sorry for you that she would upset you this way. It was very wrong of her to say those things. I really do wonder why people get so turned off of religion. to you. It has to be like water off a duck's back or your anger will make you sick. You can't let people have that kind of power over you.
Quote: Originally Posted by pdx.mothernurture I just recently came across a statement from a woman who said breastfeeding takes a 'special kind of person' because it was 'such an intimate thing'. WTH? A special kind of person...like, um...a mother? Are we any more 'special' for nursing our young than other lactating mammals? Is vaginal childbirth an equally intimate act requiring a special kind of person? How very odd. Jen ...
Quote: Originally Posted by dani76 How hot is that! A shirtless man, beer in one hand and shoving a wadded up t-shirt under his child's bottle. : Makes me wanna do it. . NOT!
Quote: Originally Posted by ColeysMama Oh, no, the guys have never commented. It's the women who have a problem with it. And they don't SEE my nursing breasts - I'm extremely careful about that in a church or church-related situation. I know modesty is a big issue, so I am trying to show these people that I can nurse without flashing the entire group. All they can see is my baby up next to me. He could be sleeping for all they know... Now...
Quote: Originally Posted by FreeRangeMama I've never been called "whack" before So it seems that we can call people names (like calling them or their opinions "whack" or childish) or otherwise verbally assault people, but kicking a dog kicker and child bully is just horrible Actually, I am more impressed with someone that has the ovaries to call up the person they kicked and make the situation right!
Here's a question: My husband and I are friends with a couple. both of whom are of a minority. He is a VERY racist individual....he makes jokes (and none of them are funny) about every race, I've even heard him crack one or two about his wife: . It's lost on me, how someone who is a minority can make ugly jokes about other minorities. I KNOW he knows how it makes him feel because I've been witness to situations where someone has made a racist remark about him and he...
OH GAWD!!! You HAD to remind me didn't you!!! I have mine on this coming Monday... crap. I've never been. I have no idea what to expect. But I am going to get out of it...I'm gonna say : "Who needs a trial?.....fry 'em" : (so what if it's a traffic ticket) I do not mean that! I WAS JUST KIDDING! Seriously...I have no idea and I'm rather curious myself. Waiting to hear what other people's experiances are ...:
Quote: Originally Posted by MotherWhimsey It's a tie between bedtime, hairwashing, and poking my eye out with a blunt pencil. HAHAHAHA!!! That's funny! Mine would be getting the kids to go to bed and STAY there! Oh and getting them to clean their rooms BEFORE bed...but you know...it never happens....: