or Connect

Posts by CaroleP

Quote: Originally Posted by beccaboomom We are told to discipline our children. I don't think you can say that we are not. How each person disciplines their children would be a different discussion. I think we are definitely taught to train up our children to live God pleasing lives. I think we have to teach/train our children both in their attitudes and actions. Question for anyone who cares to answer, do you allow your children to continue...
This certainly has been an interesting thread. The truth is, many (most) cases of ADHD are not ADHD at all, but are dietary problems, lack of exercise, lack of discipline. Let's face it, a lot of parents would rather have a nice quiet kid that sits in front of the TV, never mouths off or gets angry, and never causes them any undue effort or embarrassment. That would not be anyone here! That is not to say that there are not real cases. It's just easier for those...
just a suggestion - is there a way to leave him with the home responsibilites for a couple of days? sounds like he needs a wake up call! people who are not at home parents don't understand until they have to deal with it. it's not just him, it's society in general. Carole
Oh my gosh. I just went through that with my d. Her dad and stepmom gave her a phone to use. She downloaded ringtones. She text messaged some internet friend in germany. She somehow left the phone connected overnight. It was ugly Even a calling card could be risky. That new service you all are talking about sounds interesting though. Carole
Hi all. I haven't been here in a long time, but the link in the newsletter caught my eye. My dear friend was in town last weekend. She is adopting an almost 2 year old foster child. I always try to stay out of other people's parenting business - but after 2 days of this kid running the show and driving everyone nuts, I had enough. I swept up this screaming crying little girl and took her out of hte room where she wouldn't get the attention she wanted. I then held her tight...
My sister put off her guy for years and years. Then, she decided she was tired and wanted more help and that getting married was probably a good idea. Her d is almost 18. Now HE doesn't want to. The only thing I worry about is how do I teach my d to have a healthy realtionship? I decided not to date for many of the reasons you list, freedom being number one. But I also didn't want her to see a parade of relationships. Plus, there are so many lunatics out there...
For me it was 10 - 11 years ago already. I didn't know what to do with myself. But now I plan the bulk of my work around when she's supposed to be gone. Then her d doesn't show up for one reason or another when I have the most work planned. Just plan on never being able to really plan anything for the next 15 or so years. Just kidding, it's not as bad as it sounds. When I concentrate on getting things done when she's gone, I have more focused time with her when...
I'm new here, so I was really astounded when I saw this thread. I've read through most of the posts. As I took it all in, I have to guess that I must be the oldest mother here. I was one who worked on my career first. By the time I had my daughter I was willing to settle in. I had a career. I had sown my wild oats. I was 35 when she was born. And premature at that. I've been a single mom for over 10 years. I keep a clean house. I put healthy dinners on the table...
As a Clean Freak and author of the e-book secret confessions of a clean freak - I can tell you - it's the results of housecleaning that are spirtual. A clean home feels better. Plus, you have the pride in a job well done. It's all positive - calming. Housework left undone is very negative. A constant reminder of things you haven't done. I feel good when my bathroom walls or my stove is shiny. It makes me feel like I have control. And sometimes, that's all I have...
Hi, I'm the author of Secret Confessions of a Clean Freak, and the owner of ConvenienceNet.com. One of the easiest ways I've found to keep control of clutter is to do a purge twice a year - spring and fall. My spring purge is underway now. I have one area for the garage sale, and one area for charity. Whatever doesn't get sold in the garage sale will also go to charity. I sold a few items yesterday to a dealer and made a quick couple hundred bucks. My daughter...