or Connect

Posts by elfinbaby

I'm not sure when this started. It's at least been several months. It's not a daily thing. Seems very random. I feel this burning sensation in a specific point in my left breast. It's not mastitis - I had that w/the last dc. I have no reason to believe its yeast. It kind of pulsates sometimes-like now. It definitely hurts somewhat. I rubbed it, tried to find a clogged duct or a lump. Nothing. I have no other symptoms - no fever. FYI - 4th baby, he's 18 mo....
My baby is about 16 mos. and I have suspected he has allergies. He started getting "colds" last year at this time when he was just a wee one. I blamed siblings bringing in germs but when the "colds" didn't go away I began to wonder. At one point the dr. tried steroids (which didn't really do anything) and another time he got an ear infection due to the mucus and took antibiotics. Those are the only times he's been to the dr. Experience with my other children and...
I'm going to check at our local co-op about ordering rye and spelt in bulk. The bulk bins aren't cutting it. I'm looking for a good source for rye and spelt grains. Anyone have a reliable source? Thanks!
He's doing great. No fever. Besides the "colds" he has, he's healthy, walking (at 9 mos.), and doing lots of other things. Like I said, I think the plugged nose ticks him off when he's nursing but that's it. We also discovered his 7th too coming in last night but I don't attribute what he's going through to teething only because it's been going on for so long. I've never had experience w/babies w/allergies but I look at him and can't help but wonder. His big bro...
ds is 10 mos. He's one of 4 kids so since he's been born, esp. since Christmas, he's had his share of colds. I took him to the dr. in Jan. w/foul breath, snotty nose, cough - it was yucky. Dr. said he didn't need antibiotics since he didn't have a fever so he prescribed a steriod to dry up the mucus. He was fine for about a week. Since then he's had a stuffy nose on and off. I'll bet his nose has been plugged for a month. No other signs - no coughing, no fever, no...
You know, I responded that our school was lax - which it is but they do have another policy that raised my eyebrows. I wanted to schedule a tour of the school b/c dd is in Life Skills and I really needed to see what kind of environment she would be in all day. Tours were not allowed and it had to be discussed with someone over the principals head. Come to find out, it's not a safety issue or a time issue. The schools don't want parents coming in and looking around b/c...
I homeschool but my dd with Rett Syndrome is in the Life Skills in elem. She's been in school for 3 yrs. now and I have NEVER come across such a policy. I would take it up with the admin. and keep going up the chain until I got some answers and found out how to discuss the possibility of getting rid of the policy. That's ridiculous. Dd's school welcomes me, my baby, her sister (5 yrs.) and ds (10 yrs.). We go in and take care of whatever we need to without a problem. ...
I do get a little excited at the thought of purchasing new curriculum, mainly books for reading though. I have a rule - if they have it at the library, I can't purchase unless it's a resource book. After 3 yrs. I'm comfortable with our philosophy (Classical) which dictates our needs to a certain degree. I'm also part of a co-op (Classical Conversations) so some of my decisions get made with CC in mind. It's actually a relief to have some kind of footing being part of...
I'm afraid I'm going to spend all this money and dd doesn't like the readers (but I will - which totally defeats the purpose). That's a big investment for a program that she won't be motivated to participate in. Hrmph.
toh dd2 just sat on the diaper pail i have had since 1998 and split it in half!! ugh. i gotta get a new one and i don't think they make mine anymore. it's about a 13 gal. i use the purple liner - i forget the brand. what;s important to me is that it closes tightly and has a place for a deodisk. argargargargargargarghhhhhh