or Connect

Posts by mama_nomad

those are adorable, Leslie! Hedy, let me know if you see any in pdx, too (pm me though, i won't see it here....) thanks again, ladies:-)
sorry to pop in after a heavy post with such nonsence but could anyone tell me where i could find locally... a playing card holder for kids (you know since their little hands can't grip many cards at once) i would love a wooden one, but would also buy plastic if it was made in the good 'ol US of A. Finnegans does have a plastic set from Germany which is my backup purchase...but i wanted to ask if anyone has seen something else. heh. carry on. :
hello, Mamas. I am just recently feeling a pull to dress more modestly now that i have had my third child....i am not religious but after my amazing homebirth it has brought my husband and i's marriage to a whole new level, and i feel like i would like to keep my body a bit more "of a secret", for his eyes only. i bookmarked that head covering site right away! what i am interested in is making myself some bloomer/pantlettes to wear under skirts. i have not gone through...
perfect! thank you so much.... julia's looks right up our alley...i usually do a call first during a non-busy time to secure what dishes would be safe, 'cause it's a pain to ask the waitstaff to ask the kitchen a bunch of questions...also its nice to know there is an Anthony's there as we used to visit the one in bend a lot before we moved to pdx. also, thank you for the offer of coupons! we will be there the 13th to the 16th so it would be a bit late for them, but i...
oh helllllloooooo Seattle Mamas....I am a Portland Mama and my fam is headed to seattle next week for 4 day-er... 2 questions: 1)I am looking for the best fine-dining with children restaurant. We have food allergies so places that serve high-quality seasonal produce and is likely to not use soybean oil and order from Sysco would be the best bet....but not small and romantic since it will be the 5 of us. Suggestions?? 2)Is there a magical place to find coupons for...
aw, shucks, ladies--thanks for representin'!
wow that is a heckuva tangle! i am so happy she's finally here. way to go mama nicole--that must of been some HARD work!!!!!
yo yo yo just subbin'
i've been alright aside from the first few days, but i asked my midwives about it at the time. their advice was motherwort (herbal tincture, "mothers little helper" they call it) which seemed to help right away. also evening primrose oil (capsules--about 2000mg a day) helps balance things out. they also said that many women experience another hormone swing around 2 or 3 weeks so i am still taking the herbs and looking out for that. taking it really easy has helped me...
you've gotten some great advice here, and i also want to reiterate that it will become second nature for you after some experience. that type of reaction must be VERy frightening, but knowing that others deal with this, and make it work should give you some peace. i just wanted to add that i always find out what someone plans on serving at a b-day party and make something similar myself ahead of time and bring it. my dd is so excited to have a treat period that she...