or Connect

Posts by ollineeba

Hi Jessica- I really don't know of any in our area. I only know names to avoid.. I'll keep an ear out for you, though.
I'm in Colchester and we homeschool. My kiddos are 7, 5, and 2. Are you on any of the yahoogroups? CHEER, etc? There are a lot of homeschoolers in the area. We have been lax about meeting up with other hs'ers but I plan to do much better when the weather warms up a bit. We need to make more HS friends
The only thing that stands out to me is the sucking on shirts- this is something that autistic children do quite frequently... and googling it will bring up autism-related websites. however-- neurotypical children do this as well. My oldest nephew does this and he is NT.
Quote: Originally Posted by jolie-fleur Also, at the end of the interview, DS got some water bottles from the fridge (the developmental ped. invited him to do so as he was thirsty) and he got out three bottles--one for himself, one for the doctor and one for me! This kind of empathy is not common to an ASD diagnosis. Thank you, This thread is fascinating to me. My ds has a dx of autism from our ped. But...he is the most empathetic child you...
That's wonderful! I really need to cull through our many bins in the garage..
Good luck ttc and best wishes for your vbac! There are some great vbamc stories on kmom's website: http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/C...A2Cstories.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by azmomma that way you are already somewhat ready for a c-section in the event of a uterine rupture perhaps?? Yes. Or any other reason for a c/s. I'm of the opinion that an epidural does decrease your chances for a successful vbac. Now, that's not always the case, of course, but it greatly hinders your mobility -- listening to your body's cues, movement to help baby descend, when/how to push, etc.
Thanks for sharing your vbac! Congratulations!!
I moved from Groton to Colchester last year.. so still somewhat nearby I am planning a VBA2C (not pg yet, though) and have been researching my options for quite a while.. There are CNMs that will do a VBA2C in the hospital (not a ton, but a few), and a few OBs (well, I've been given the names of the OBs, but haven't verified the info on the OBs myself).. but there are lots of wonderful homebirth midwives in our area as well. I will PM you
Great plan!