or Connect

Posts by ollineeba

It might not even be a part of your lecture or covered material. If your nursing school is anything like mine, you won't be assigned the entire textbook and they pick and choose what sections they assign for reading and what topics they lecture on. Circumcision was only *very* briefly mentioned during our maternity rotations and it was just to say to be so very careful around the circed penis- to use tons of petroleum jelly to keep it from sticking to anything, etc. I was...
Wow, great find!
Today was a BUSY day! I didn't get started until 5:00 p.m. since I had some kiddo chauffeuring to do today, but I: ~ vacuumed the entire downstairs (hallway, dining room, living room) ~ broke out the new Hoover Steam Vac (which was recommended in another thread here- and I LOVE it!) and cleaned all the downstairs carpet. It looks AWESOME. ~ one load of laundry ~ took off the cushion covers to my shermag rocker and washed them. Have yet to put them on, though, because...
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewsMother If you and your family lost it all and had to apply for foodstamps, would you still feel the same way? Would you tell your children that they could not have a special food because it is a luxury item? Honesty, would you? If it's sold at Kroger, I can bet that it is not a luxury item. But seriously, what groceries are luxury items? What one considers a normal dinner another might consider a spartan...
I believe that most of the people will be responsible & do the right thing with the money & buy their children needed supplies/clothes/food. There are the few bad apples, of course, but overall, I think most parents want to see to it that their children have clothes that fit, food to fill their bellies, and school supplies so they can succeed in their studies. In the future, it might be smart for them to rework the guidelines a bit, though.
Some of those rude drivers should take a lesson from the better ones. Wow. I was so prepared to put a boot in someone's... you know today.. and thank goodness, had a nice experience. But phatcristy and raene- I'm so sorry you guys had to deal with that. I hope they get spoken to about their behavior. High pressure & rude behavior like that just makes people want nothing to do with the company!
Our delivery guy called this morning to see if we would be home today. He was originally was supposed to come on the 17th. But today was a good day since we're just getting stuff done around the house so we told him that was fine. He was SO nice! No pressure at all. He handed my 4 yr old the box of ice cream bars and handed me a catalog, just in case I wanted to order anything in the future. He was very nice and SO polite! He was totally fine with handing us our free ice...
Thank you so much for posting your story!! It was very timely for me, as I received three different 'no's' to vba2c inquiries today (I had c/s with # 1, vbac with # 2, and c/s with # 3) and I was feeling rather defeated. Loved your take on the whole birth ~ sounds like it was a wild ride! Hope you had/ are having a wonderful babymoon
Yes, my 7 yr old is dx with ASD and he has always played 'pretend' -- in all sorts of ways.