or Connect

Posts by chandasz

They are one of the most well-respected midwifery groups in the area. I love them!
West subm midwives doesn't take allkids anymore but another great group in Oak Park is PCC PCC South Family Health Center (Se habla español) 6030 West Roosevelt Oak Park, IL 60304 Phone: (708) 386-0845 Fax: (708) 386-8472 They work with low income mamas. Cecilia Bacom is a very well-respected midwife and works in the Alternative birth center at West Sub. If she's interested-- Hillary Kieser does home birth in the same area. She's great. Many great home birth...
I have had both my children with WSM and love them dearly. Both children were born in the ABC rooms at West sub which are awesome. Shirley's group is also very good and works in the ABC rooms too. I'd advise meeting with Hillary with your DP and she may be able to put any misgivings to rest. She attended my 2nd birth at the ABC rooms when she was still with WSM. Congrats on your pregnancy!! I have another friend who lives on the far west side (Austin) who is on...
Mercy in Aurora has a fairly high c-section rate...
One of my best friends is expecting their first and lives in Melbourne. I want to help by looking for good recommendations for good natural birth friendly caregivers and any la leche or breastfeeding support groups. Any places (hospitals/caregivers) they should avoid? What is your C-section rate in Australia now? What is the birth climate there? I am a Bradley Method Teacher so I want to be proactive! Thanks
Don't write off Bradley classes just due to costs. Many instructors will work with you on prices. I know I often give out scholarships to students who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford my class. I really don't ever want that to be a reason not to take my class Remember that we have to pay for supplies, movies, our own sitters for our kids, rent, etc. too....
I was diagnosed with this a couple years before DD1. I have since had 2 fantastic natural births with no issues and the sypmtoms are GONE. Best wishes. I know how awful and painful this is
They tend to do the ambien to relax women to help them stay rested. Remember this is a variation of NORMAL. You are safe. Could be a positioning thing where baby is just trying to find the best way to come. Can you get a massage? Do you know a chiropractor? Do you have stairs? Try going up the stairs two at a time while doing figure 8s with your hips. UP only. Go down normally. Try to rest as much as you can!!
There's absolutely no reason to think you can't home birth a first baby. Birth is normal. Take a good birth class. Get that media crap out of your head. Talk to the beautiful women you meet here. Birth can be wonderful. Birth can be ecstatic. All those stories about first births being filled with inductions, etc.... I bet they would have gone differently at home? It may not have been the birth but the hospital. Home birth is as safe as life can be. Birth should happen...
Always happy to help another Berwynite! LOL