or Connect

Posts by chandasz

I went and toured the school and talked to people. WOW. I have to say that this is my idea of an AWESOME school. I am trying to figure out how to be able to send my daughters here in the near future. My older one was offered a spot but unfortunately we cannot afford it at this time. I know some moms in my mom's group whose friend's kids go there (convoluded or what!) and LOVE it. Where do you plan to move. The OP school district has a good reputation so you may...
Ina May Gaskin books. Water. Midwife. Doula. Chiro care in pregnancy. I had 2 fantastic natural births even though my first one was back labor. My second was painless and enjoyable!
Go for it. Great for stress reduction. Also stimulates BH contractions which are also good. Get that oxytocin flowing. Enjoy
I had someone I know recently have a very traumatic birth ending in a c-section and then very little support for starting breastfeeding off right. she's currently not breastfeeding. She's seeming to be disconnected to baby-- asking others to feed him and pick him up when he cries. She's aware that she's been depressed but says she's feeling better but I'm concerned. I'm not a close friend-- I'm a CBE and she was my student. Can I ask anyone's advice on how to...
I'm a Bradley teacher so a bit biased... I'd say for a FTM-- Bradley is the way to go. Make sure to get referrals or recommendations on your teacher though because like anything-- there are good and bad. Bradley is just way more comprehensive and, IMHO- more realistic. We prepare you for everything. I've had several friends who did the hypno and felt like they just didn't have enough tools. That- they did perceive pain and got hung up on the fact that they weren't...
At this late stage-- a doula is a great idea. Too bad she didn't do this earlier! A good doula will make ALL the difference I was always more afraid of the pain medications than the discomforts of labor.
I really find that tensing up increases the pain. Can you try totally relaxing against it? Other things to try would be: ritual/rythm-- find something you do everytime... like sway your hips back and forth while leaning your head onto a countertop Totally agree with pp-- water is AWESOME Stay upright and moving as much as you can Stay OFF your back to lessen discomfort Forward positions-- hands and knees-- are good Warm rice socks, cool...
Sorry to say I'm in Berwyn and my caregiver is in Oak Park so I'm not going to be much help there! It is a terrifying thing- to find someone you trust with your kids- I totally understand. Is there a group that does daycare referrals by you? We have a west suburban daycare association... Start calling people you hear about... I would put together a list of questions and make sure they have a helper who can step in if something happens to the primary. I called...
Where are you located? I know a mom/caregiver in the NW side of Chicago. She's an AP mom. I think it also depends on what you specifically mean by an "AP" caregiver? My kids caregiver is awesome, knowledgeable of BFing (BF'd all 4 of her own children), kids are never left to cry, they are carried a lot, treated with respect and kindness... but she doesn't know the term "AP". You know?
Can you opt for a religious exemption? Can you simply delay it?