or Connect

Posts by chandasz

We're still co-sleeping with our 26 month old. We night weened a couple months ago. It is an ongoing process but with me being preggers, I need more rest! She's sleeping much better lately so it's working well for us. We will still occasionally give in when she awakes with night terrors and I can't get her to come back to reality! We are still nursing several times a day but I say every night while I'm nursing her down that when she falls asleep, nursie goes night night...
I have been hypothyroid for years. My dosage went up with pregnancy #1 but then leveled out until postpartum. Since then, I haven't been able to get normal numbers. I've gone from .025 to .2 dosage in less than 2 years. I just got another blood draw (I'm 12 weeks) and I'm waiting to hear the response. It was recommended to me to maybe check T3 and T4 counts as well as TSH. What are some of the dangers of hypo in pregnancy? I had no problems with #1 and had a great,...
: I know several moms who have tandem nursed through pregnancy and after birth. I am due Nov 14 and still nursing my 26 month old. She's night weaned but we still nurse several times a day. Read Adventures in Tandem Nursing. It's really helped me stop worrying and feel a lot better about what we're doing.
I know several moms who have tandem nursed through pregnancy and after birth. I am due Nov 14 and still nursing my 26 month old. She's night weaned but we still nurse several times a day. Read Adventures in Tandem Nursing. It's really helped me stop worrying and feel a lot better about what we're doing.
I'm a Bradley teacher and I definitely recommend Bradley classes over hypnobirthing. I think hypnobirthing is great but doesn't cover the same depth of information as Bradley. I'm sad to see that some people have had some bad experiences with teachers. I think it's important to say that while we definitely advocate for a unmedicated birth, a good teacher is going to teach you to make your own decisions. One of the things I stress in class is the importance of informed...
I'm a hearing mom but MY mom is profoundly hard of hearing. They tell her she can't use hearing aids but she does! They definitely help. She lost her hearing at 13- we're not sure why. Maybe an infection but it is also highly likely due to a horrible home situation. She spent a good part of the year in Menninger's Mental Hospital because no one bothered to tell her that deafness wasn't silent and the noises in her head were real. Her 2 younger sisters are also deaf. One...