or Connect

Posts by mamaley

...that you want to conceive? I have 2 children. They're amazing, they keep me busy, and they're totally out of the nursing/diapers/etc phases...they're even in school. My oldest is 8and my youngest is 5. For the past several months, I've been feeling the strongest urge to have another. Dh is feeling it too. But then I think of the pregnancy, the sleepless nights, the diapers, the "what-ifs", the being outnumbered by children (3?!)...is our house big...
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the responses. All of them were helpful. I'm still not sure what we'll choose--if we'll even choose to ttc,and then what after that--but it really helps reading these posts. Thanks.
I have 2 children, both born vaginally. One was in a hospital with an epidural in a smaller town. The second was in a freestanding birthing center with a midwife in a city (we moved since the birth of the first child). Well, we moved back to the smaller town. There are no midwives here, and no female obgyns here. The birthing facilities at the hospital are great, but c-section rates are high, and I think it's safe to assume that the majority of births are medicated,...
Supposedly the producers of the show had a problem with the lesbian story line. I could talk a bunch about how the story line was one of the few interesting things left about this show, and that it's a topic that, imo, should be covered more, but I have a feeling I'd be preaching to the choir.
My degree is in social work, but I've been thinking lately about looking into becoming a secondary school teacher, most likely in social studies (which I think includes world history, soc/psyc, geography, etc). These are the subjects that I'm interested, but didn't necessarily study in college. If you're a secondary school teacher, do you like your job? Do you know anyone who became non-traditionally certified (in other words, certified without a teaching...
Thanks for the responses. If he was into only 1 or 2 sports, I wouldn't have a problem doing that, as long as he enjoyed it. But this year, if he has it his way (and he probably will, lol) he'll play football, swim, basketball, indoor and outdoor soccer, and baseball. Maybe I'm answering my own question here--maybe when he narrows down his interests, we can start focusing on specific sports, if he wants too. Which brings me to another question: when do they...
I don't have a teen, but I'm looking for opinions from moms with teens who play team sports. I have an 8 year old who loves sports, and wants to try everything. There are several leagues to choose from. So far, we've been doing the YMCA b/c it focuses on having fun, and they learn the game. It's not competitive at all, but they're not learning specific skills in an in depth manner, if that makes sense. A lot of parents I talk to are tired of this league, and...
I did this in July, and it really helped me. I've kept it off, but didn't lose more. I'd like to lose maybe 5 more pounds, or at least tone up. I'm at a healthy weight, but on the high end for my height. What I'm doing: Eating within range. Current challenges: I've been having a hard time sleeping, and therefore am not feeling rested, which impacts my workouts (um, my nonexistant workouts). I would really, really like to find a fitness buddy...
Thanks for the input, ladies! I'd love to post some pictures, by dh has the camera with him at work. I'll see if I can do it tonight. Good point, doubledutch, about the function of the rooms. The room with the books if the family room--it seats more, has the fire place, the tv --it's where we gather most. The other one is supposed to be the formal room, but we're not really "formal" people. It has the wall cases, an oversized chair, a nice wooden chair, and...
I have 2 living areas. One has some lovely shelves on the walls that came with the home. I really like them. The other has our wood book cases. Before today, both had a hodge podge of knick knacks and books and frames and stuff. Today I changed some stuff around. There are now only books on the bookcases in the second lr, which looks nice. But there are no books left for the entry way living room, with the wall shelves. My husband is a huge music collector,...