or Connect

Posts by mamaley

Quote: Originally Posted by ChasingPeace I LOVE Turbo Jam! I've began doing it in October and got good fast results in the way my body looked (unfortunately not a lot of weight loss, but that had more to do with my eating). I've gotten out of the exercise habit lately and need to start again. What I love about Turbo Jam is that it's efficient--in 40 minutes, I get cardio, toning, and abs. That's what I like too...plus, it's fun! I really...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovetomom Hi there, I have been going to the gym a lot over the past month, I feel like I am getting stronger and turning soft stuff into muscle But every time I weigh myself I am heavier (5lbs total). I know muscle weighs more than fat. But come on, it's been a month. Has this happened to anyone else? Are you keeping track of what you're eating, and are you drinking enough water? That's great that you're...
I'm pretty sure that I started the original 1000 min thread several years ago--and then never finished it myself! But I'm glad so many people have liked it. If I'm wrong, than either ignore me, or tell me I'm full of myself. This month, I'm doing it. So far for August, 135/1000
Quote: Originally Posted by doriansmummy Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing excellent! I think August is gonna be awesome! Me too! Even with this heat--omg. Congrats on your body fat % going down! Is it possible for me to measure that without going to a gym?
Quote: Originally Posted by mandymichel Okay, here's my heavier picture that is from about 2.5 months ago: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0&id=635543662 So I've lost about 18 pounds and need to lose about 13. Way to go!!!
Way to go Amy! You should join us in the 5 lbs to lose thread--some lose more than that, but it's a good group.
Hi everyone! I weighed myself this morning, and the scale FINALLY moved again--and I'm down 1.5 lbs! Does that count for August? lol My goal is to lose 5 lbs this month (more importantly some inches!). I'll do this by continuing to work out 4-5x a week, (3-4 days cardio, 2-3 days strength) and by continuing to track my food. For anyone new here, I highly recommend This Journal From Amazon. I love Sparkpeople, but I found it easier to track my food in a...
I'm so, so sorry.
BlueDaaria, you make a good point. I was reading on another board about Non Scale Victories (NSV), as in other positive changes besides losing weight. We need to focus on those too, and we need to esp. focus on the changes we've made so that we can be healthier people. As someone who has stopped and started several times, I can say that making these changes and sticking with them is no easy task! But totally worth it for all kinds of reasons, and better than the...
Hey California Mom, hopefully there will be a thread for August! Then you can lose 5 with us then. Sweetpea, congrats on reaching your goal! I think this might be the first time I started one of these and finished it. I lost 8.5lbs this month. Next month will be more of a challenge, since this was my first month, but when it happens it will be the first time I've weighed that much in 3 years.