or Connect

Posts by *Erin*

Quote: Originally Posted by reezley I say "I'm home with the kids". that's what I say.
my son is so amazing.I had hoped for a girl, too, like my first child, and was also wary of all the stereotypical boy stuff. I couldnt even wrap my brain around another baby being as amazing as my DD, especially, A BOY! gasp! but let me tell you, have I been enlightened. now, i feel so blessed to have both a girl and a boy. i appreciate the differences, and feel like I love the male part of the human race in a way i wouldn't have been able to before my son. he is the...
I have a fabulous, spunky 7 yr old Maya Lillian of my own, lol obviously, that'd be my vote!
when my dd was a chunky baby, I dressed her almost entirely in onsies and stretchy cotton pants or one piece romper style outfits, long ones for cold weather and sleeping. my ds is the same, he's almost 2 now. both of them very tall, chubby babies.
this is the newest best random kindness i've personally experienced: at xmastime, we were in line at starbucks, waiting. i was in a totalyl self-absorbed, depressed funk after spending TOO much time with very financially successful family and extended family, feeling sad that we are currently very broke after dh lost his job...i had begun to imagine the life of lady in front of us-nice new SUV with teacher's plates. i had painted her in my mind as a horrid and greedy...
i wish i had pics easily accessable-i went from very grunge in the mid 90s (age 12-14) to extremely goth/punk-long one length usually black, sometimes dark fuscia hair, lots of facial piercings, and lots of black, velvet, and fishnet stuff from age 14-18. i simmered down from 18 onward. it totally amuses me inwardly when i share this with people now. they are always totally shocked. i am very much a mild mannered earth mama, and my style is very classic and simple now....
Quote: Originally Posted by mamabadger Why, because she could not run away from the OB fast enough? truly!
our accountability group here in sc takes them and uses the money toward helping out with field trip fees. i don't know what the limit is, but i'm pretty sure there is one .(like number of people/students in your group/homeschool)
that would make me pretty angry. how dismissive! i have cleaned up after head lice before, and i'm sorry, but catching and bringing home head lice is in no way something that my child should decide for her/himself! a bad infestation can make a young child actually sick. not to mention everyone else in the family. it was a logical thing for your DD to ask, my DD wouldve said the same thing. grrrrr....
my mom is a (mostly) recovered schitzophrenic. my childhood was terrible. my brother is an aspie. dh has add. i struggled with substance abuse all my teen years and into my early 20's. im legally blind and sometimes sort of agoraphobic. i am petrified of underwater tunnels, piers, caves, and of being beneath large structures, like the bottom floor of parking garages and in mountain underpasses, even pictures of these things can make me feel panicky. crowds make me feel...