or Connect

Posts by Bekka

I would be very cautious about this arrangement. My sister (no kids, single) ended up in a "rent free, 'help' the older lady arrangement, which ended up being abusive to her, and my sister is not assertive for her own needs, so the "landlady" ended up being very demanding that she run all her errands, help her, etc. and she had to drop classes to "meet the needs" of the landlady.  It took several months for her to insist on her rights and move out, and insist the lady...
  I have actually had someone come up to me and offer me a haircut.  He had a diagonal shoulder sash full of hairstylist tools and a drape in his pocket.  I wasn't in the market for a cut, and we were waiting for a bus that was arriving at that time.  Also, yard maintenance and home maintenance people canvass our neighborhood all the time and say, "I notice that your bushes/trees/fence could use some work, can I give you my business card and I'll give you 15% off...
There are a lot of cute shrugs/mini cardigans as well to wear over sun dresses; would that be enough?  
I really like the first 5 verses of All Creatures of our God and King... 1. All creatures of our God and King, lift up your voice and with us sing, O praise ye! Alleluia! O brother sun with golden beam, O sister moon with silver gleam! O praise ye! O praise ye! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! 2. O brother wind, air, clouds, and rain, by which all creatures ye sustain, O praise ye! Alleluia! Thou rising morn, in praise rejoice, ye lights of evening, find a...
I have 5 children.  I have wanted to be a midwife for a long, long time.  At least 10 years.  Before that I wanted to go to medical school and become a doctor.  I too, "had my eyes opened."  I wanted to be able to "be there" as much as possible for my kids in their youngest years.  When my LO was about 6 months old, I developed a 7 year plan to include midwifery school (was thinking MEAC accredited at that time) and apprenticeship, fitting in so my youngest child/ren...
  This has been an interesting discussion to read, and I will for sure not be able to address most of the topics here, but the above is very true.  Because they never come to the healthy, straightforward HB's, they don't see how the majority of the births CAN go.  I think the above point defines the animosity between.   I am a student midwife working toward my CPM credential, currently at the beginning of my apprenticeship and somewhat through my academic studies.  I...
I would appreciate any thoughts.  I have all my wisdom teeth.  In general they have been pretty healthy; I have one tooth that I had a (very traumatic) filling done in a couple years ago.  The filling fell out last week.  I am really unsure how to progress; and if I ask dentists, they'll just say to have my wisdom teeth extracted.   I am open to any suggestions, websites or other rec's regarding wisdom teeth health.   Thanks.
They keep using ear training in book 5 and onward...  ;)
We've had a twin next to our bed for the last 3 kids.  It becomes the baby's bed, sometimes it's just extra space when the baby is stretched out too much.  And sometimes it's the sex bed.  LOL.  We have no problem DTD with the kid in the room...  It's a learned habit, though.
Recently I've had a great time adding a whole large bag of frozen choppen spinach to quiche mix.  I chop 1 onion, 1 bag of frozen chopped spinach, and dice one red pepper, about 6 eggs, 1 C flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder,  1 C plain yogurt or cottage cheese, 1-2 C milk (depending on consistency), mix it all well, pour into 2 greased pie plates or 9x9 pans and top with cheese of your choice--I like cheddar or swiss.  I can eat 1/2 of one of these quiches easily...