or Connect

Posts by nepenthesea

Yeah, it annoys me too! : I was, and still am, a relatively small baby and woman. My children weighed a little over 4 lbs. when they were born (9 weeks early). I, however, was born full-term and healthy, and I weighed 5 lbs. 5 ozs. My kids weighed almost as much as I did! So they may have been small babies even if they had been born full-term. They are two now and people still comment on how small they are, and their pediatrician thinks they need to put on weight. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by OGirlieMama Well, infection and someone tugging at your cannula or NG tube, and in my girls' case, spooning up to you and sucking on the hair at the back of your head. LOL...Mine did that, too, once they were out of the NICU. It always cracked me up. Our NICU let my girls co-bed after they were both off ventilators and bili lights. I just went in there one day, and there was ONE bed with two babies, instead of...
I left my husband five months ago, and am just now beginning to check out this forum, sadly enough. I started seeing a new guy about 2 months ago. He is a friend of 11 years, so not a complete stranger, which is nice. He is WONDERFUL, and loves me and my kids, and actually WANTS to spend time with us (unlike the girls' father). He has a 9-year old son, and has done the single parent thing, so he knows how all of that goes. It's so weird to consider myself...
I quit wearing mine the day I saw my husband's text messages to and from a family friend, the last woman I thought I could trust him with. I knew then it was over for good.
Quote: Originally Posted by riverundine yep, dd too. she especially loves the curious george soundtrack. also, reggae. particularly marley. i actually haven't met a kid that doesn't love bob yet. and garcia grisman's the pizza tapes. Oh yeah, Jack Johnson and Bob Marley are definitely good kiddie music. Mine also like a Mazzy Star-ish band called Trespassers William, for napping.
I feel the same way most of you do. And I still don't really know exactly why I went into early labor. Everything was going smoothly enough that we didn't even know I was carrying twins, until my belly grew 10 cm one month. I still don't remember some of the details of the birth, but my SIL said she remembered the drs saying that I had a low-grade infection. If I ever decide to have other children I don't even know if I can prevent another premature birth because I'm...
I know what you mean about how uncomfortable it is to nurse them to sleep while sitting up. I sat up in the bed, using a nursing pillow, for over a year but then it got to where it took forever for them to go to sleep and my back would start killing me. But if I moved it would wake them up, and I would have to start over again. I cried alot during that time. Then as they got bigger I finally figured out how to tandem nurse while lying on my back. That was a lifesaver,...
Still nursing both of mine at almost 24 months. I almost gave up trying to nurse very early on (supply worries, bad advice from drs., etc.) and it amazes me that I still am nursing. My original goal was to nurse AT LEAST one year, but the girls had a NICU nurse who nursed her twins for two years, and she inspired me to go even longer. They have slowed down alot, but not showing any real signs of stopping altogether anytime soon.
Mine were born about 5 1/2 hours apart! Furie was a natural birth, and Fenix came via c-section because she wouldn't descend at all and the drs. feared infection, so...A couple of hours after Furie was born the drs and nurses started disappearing, and one of the obs said he had never seen so much time between twin births before. If only he knew...
Mine like annoying toddler music, like all kids, but they like some good stuff, too. They like Operation Ivy, Cocteau Twins, The Cure, Hindu chants, etherel goth...all kinds of stuff. They were dancing to my boyfriend's Pet Shop Boys cd the other day, much to our amusement . The Cure has some songs with silly lyrics, like "Lovecats" and "The Caterpillar". I put those on a mixed cd I made for the girls once.