or Connect

Posts by nepenthesea

Wow, I don't know if I have ever had a chance to post twice in one mon th on these update threads.... Red Oak Mama, congratulations on your first steps towards adopting a new child! That is great! I watch Adoption Stories on Discovery Health, and I have to say that it inspires me at times. I want more kids eventally, too, but want to wait a while. I guess if I only have these two, I'll still be happy, though. Jill Christina, I understand your nervousness over...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tine It's so great to hear from ALL of you, old-timers and new! Nepenthesea, I think I speak for everyone when I say that of course you are one of us and you're always welcome here. Happy bday to Furie and Fenix! Awww, thank you!:
Hey, I'm glad I caught this thread in the early stage, instead of at the end like I usually do! My flower fairies turned 1 on New Year's Day. Aaagh! I just can't believe it!: It seems like it was just yesterday that I was going to the NICU everyday to see them, but it also seems like an eternity since then. I hope all of you don't mind me posting here still. I tried to post in the Jan. 06 group once, and they didn't really respond to me. But I feel like I shared a...
I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the right place, but....I started bleeding the other day. I guess it was my period - hard to tell because I haven't had one in 1 1/2 yrs. It only lasted one day, and I didn't have any cramps, PMS, etc. Not very heavy, either. I still nurse all day and night, so I'm kind of surprised to see it - it's my understanding that night nursing usually keeps af away longer. What should I expect now that af is back? Does it take awhile...
I bought these things called boobie tubes off an on-line nursing store. They look kind of like cinnamon buns, and you can heat them up in the microwave, or chill them in the freezer. They are good for treating mastitis, engorgement, etc. I used mine quite a bit when I was pumping to help me with my let-down and engorgement. Then when my babies got out and were colicky, I gently heated them to put on their tummies, and they seemed to help. Of course, if your crafty,...
I know that alot of people don't introduce wheat and corn products until their babies turn 1, and I am going along with that because dh and I have food allergies. But what about things like quinoa, millet, amaranth, etc.? I was wondering if they might be safer to introduce. Especially quinoa, because I read that it is actually a botanical fruit, and not a grain. Does anybody else's babies eat these things? Of course, mine are just about to turn 1, so I guess it...
Oh YAY!! I was just wondering about this very thing last night, as I was feasting on some Stilton w/ apricots, Leyden w/ cumin seeds, and some Welsh cheese with parsley and horseradish. I already knew I wasn't going to introduce American cheese (you call THAT cheese??), but I wasn't really sure about introducing some of the smellier varieties. But I guess like anything else, they will gravitate towards the foods they grow up with.
It's funny that all of our babies seem to like cats. Furie and Fenix love our cats, too. I'll point, and say "There's kitty", and they turn their heads around to stare. I show them a baby sign for cat, too. They're not so interested in "doggie", and flat-out don't like "ferret", for some reason. But they seem interested in our horses, and will reach out to pet them. Funny thing is, our horses LOVE the babies, and if they see MIL and I with them, will come up to visit...
First off, I didn't have any idea what my babies' names would be - they were born 9 weeks early, and we hadn't decided on names yet. But we had a list of names, and started looking at it while I was in the hospital recovering from my c-section. Since our girls were born prematurely, and had breathing issues, we decided that they needed good, strong names. I had seen a tv show about a NICU where the nurses gave the babies nicknames after strong mythological characters,...
I was ebf'ing twins for the first 7 months, and they DO nurse all day long! I didn't "get it" at first, even though I knew that newborns nurse all the time, and didn't understand why mine were always crying and acting hungry the first month. Looking back, I realize that I wasn't feeding them enough. Just let them feed as much as they want, as long as they want. Don't let a dr. tell you to only feed them for 10 minutes at a time, like they told me. Let them feed until...