or Connect

Posts by nepenthesea

Congratulations on both getting Sam to bf, and on your upcoming baby! Good luck with all of it.
Wow! Congratulations! : : What a feat to deliver three healthy girls. And it seems like you went pretty far, so that's great. I really hope you are enjoying them. I bonded with a triplet mom while my twin girls were in the NICU, and all I can say is, if anyone thinks mothers of twins are busy....then take a look at mothers of triplets (and quads, etc.)! I hope you are keeping at least a small piece of your sanity, my dear Congratualtions, again!
Another good gift came from my SIL, too (I have a wonderful SIL!). She gave me a date book - like a calendar in book form, for appts. I still use it every day. I started out writing everything new that was going on with the babies every day, then used it for writing down drs. appts. Now that they are out, I use it to record all the things my girls do now, remind me to pay bills, keep track of solid foods I have introduced, etc. I have always been horrible about...
Quote: Originally Posted by wendygrace I also agree with Lousli. Anything that takes the burden of thinking of anything is great! Fast food is great (our children's hospital has a McDonald's on the first floor and we lived off them when we were there). Parking fees paid would have been awesome! On the other hand, others took tons so perhaps disposable camera would be nice. HTH Yeah, money is good! My family bought us lunch and...
I'm glad I found this thread...I haven't had time to post or read in ages. It sounds like everyone and their babies are doing well Furie and Fenix turned 9 months old on the first (seven months adjusted age). They are sitting up and trying to crawl, sort of. They babble alot, and laugh all the time. They are noticing each other more than they used to. They will look at each other and smile, laugh, and reach for each other. It's like they're hugging! It's the...
Hey Daisie! How's your baby? Caleb's Mama, it is amazing, isn't it? I'm just blown away that I can make all the food my babies need to eat...and enough for two! I never was able to pump much milk, and I had a few people insinuating I couldn't make enough, so I wasn't that sure I could do it.
Sweet! The thing I love is when my daughters hold hands while tandem nursing. Sometimes, each girl will grab onto one of my fingers with their other hands, and we all "hold hands". I also love when my babies "pat" my breasts while nursing. I wish these momets would last forever, too.
...people just assume that your baby is going to be puny and undernourished because it is exclusively breastfed, and then they see how healthy and chunky it is?? Then they act all surprised and have to comment on it. My MIL's friend is one of those people that 'knows everything', especially if it concerns anything medical. Her sister is a nurse, and when she found out I was having twins and still had a midwife, she had the friend tell my MIL that I needed to go to an...
I have a very small house and twins. I can manage space for one high chair but not two. MIL and I bought two booster seats a few weeks ago that I think will work great. They are by Safety 1st, and I got them at Toys 'R Us. They work from 6mo to 4 years old, and adjust to fit. They also fold up for traveling, which is kind of handy. They were about $25 each, which is great since I have to have two.
I planned on not taking my babies to the dr., and then they were born 9 weeks early. They have been extremely healthy considering their prematurity, but I still take them to the dr. just to keep an eye on them. Premature babies are often put in early intervention programs to help them with their development, but the last dr. we saw said they seemed to be fine, and wasn't worried about it, so I may quit going sometime soon. Since we're not vaxing, all the dr. does is...