or Connect

Posts by nepenthesea

Quote: Originally Posted by cee3 I'm already thinking this babyhood is going too fast. I was bathing my 3 yo last night and he was being really cute - making up songs, shaking his head around, talking to his toys. I started thinking about when he's all grown up and someone falls in love with him, etc. Then I started thinking about how it wasn't so long ago that he was a little baby like his brother. Then I started almost panicking because DS2 is our...
Quote: Originally Posted by ahwuko How's it going with vaxing/not vaxing? We haven't done anything yet, but I was at the dr's office for his 4 month check up, and I felt so stupid...I tried to talk to her about it, but it totally sounded like I had no clue what I was talking about, because I was nervous. She talked me right into shutting up. Every time I decide to go ahead and do one, I chicken out. No vaxes here. It hasn't been too bad, so...
My girls hated it at first, too, and when they would cry, I would turn them back over. I just kept putting them back on their tummies for small amounts of time. Finally, one day, they just didn't cry about it anymore, and now they spend more and more time on their bellies, and just learned how to roll onto their tummies from their backs. I think it just takes some getting used to. I wouldn't let them cry, but I would keep trying. Good luck!
I was looking for all of you the other day! My hobbits are almost 7 months old! It's really hard to believe. They seem to be developing right along with your babies, though. Mine are rolling all over the place, and try to sit up when they are lying down. They discovered their hands long ago, and suck on their fingers constantly (when not on the booby). Now they are discovering their feet, too. They have been teething since April, but not showing any signs of teeth....
Eden is one of my dds' middle names....
My dds are only six months old, so I haven't had alot of "advice" yet...other than HORRIBLE breastfeeding advice from doctors at the "well-baby" visits. But I found a doctor who had a clue, so that's not an issue anymore. I did, however, hear something screwed up a few weeks ago at DH's birthday party. Three different people (all have young children) said to me, "Isn't it funny how their crying doesn't bother you anymore after awhile?" I was like, "Um, it still...
I wasn't in your DDC, but I gave birth on New Year's Day to my twin girls, so I thought I would jump on this thread, too. Mine were due March 6th. I can't believe how fast the time is going!! It seems like just yesterday, i never thought they would get out of the NICU, and now they're teething, rolling, trying to eat my yogurt, etc. It's pretty awesome, but I sometimes miss my little newborn preemies, too. I'm glad some of you understand that, because my husband does...
I have used Hyland's for colic, earaches, and now teething. I just put two or three tablets under the baby's tongue, and keep my finger on them. They like to suck on my fingers anyway, so they just suck until the tablets have dissolved.
Just want to give you a , mama! Hang in there! You're doing fine... I have 6 month old twins that are teething and going through a fussy period right now, so I think we're in the same boat. I can't get things done, either. It is very frustrating. Mine have decided this week that they don't like to sleep at night anymore : ! I started crying the other night because they wouldn't sleep, and they both started LAUGHING at me, which made me cry even more...then they...
When my girls first got out of the hospital, I only bathed them once a week (they were bathed 2xs/week in the NICU), because it was winter, and they weren't really that dirty. After a couple of months, I moved it up to twice a week, so I could get them used to water (we live near a lake), and to help calm them before bed. Since it's been warm I bathe them three times a week. It seems to help calm them, especially when they are being particularly fussy, like now.