or Connect

Posts by nepenthesea

I am soooo glad I read this post! My girls just turned 6 months on the 1st, and they seem to have almost regressed. They have become more fussy and needy, won't nap (and I know they're exhausted), etc. I had been wondering if it could be related to some kind of developmental breakthrough. They also are teething, have been for the last 3 months, and I know that makes them fussy. Anyway, I feel better knowing that things may get better before I have to put myself in a...
Uh, never mind...I just saw your signature. How awesome! Triplets! I bonded with a triplet mom when my girls were in NICU. I like your username. I called my baby "Sprout" (back when I thought I was only having one), and when I founbd out about her sister, I called her "Sprig". Those were their names for the first few days of their lives, because it took us four days to come up with their names. My family still calls them by those names.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family . I remember how happy we were (and overwhelmed, too!) when our girls came home from NICU. I mostly have good memories of the NICU, but it was a very tough time, and I couldn't wait to get my girls out of there. I bet you are ecstatic! Do you have triplets? Sorry....I hardly ever have a chance to get on here, so I'm not sure.
I have done it too, and it is a little weird. If someone comes up, I usually feel obligated to mention the other baby, too. I don't know why. You're right- they ARE two individuals.
Congratulations on your twins! I was planning a birth center water birth with my midwives. Then I found out at 28 weeks that I was having twins. We had one other u/s at 20 weeks, but we only saw one baby, for whatever reason. I got REALLY big suddenly, and my mws made me get another u/s at the 28-week appointment, or we might not have known about the second baby. I asked if they would still attend my birth, and they said it depended on the placenta situation (two...
Congratulations on your twins! I had girl/girl twins at 31 weeks, and didn't get to try breastfeeding until they were about two weeks old. I had alot of trouble at first. Things got better for me after a nurse suggested I try nipple shields (my nipples are kind of short, I guess, and with them still being very young, they wouldn't latch without them). The only problem is, here I am with two 6 month olds, STILL using the shields! I can't get them to nurse without...
My water broke at 31 weeks. It just trickled, at first. A bit later, I started having contractions. Well, that was on the first sack...the second sack didn't break until I finally had a c-section 6 hours after my first baby was born vaginally.
Congratulations! Good thing you found out early. I found out I was having twins at 28 weeks, and gave birth 2 1/2 weeks later : . You have lots of time to prepare. Mine also were in seperate sacks, and was told they were fraternal by the u/s tech, but I suspect they are actually identical. I'm going to have them tested sometime to find out for sure. First of all, get the book Having Twins And More by Elizabeth Noble. It is a big book, and very AP friendly. I...
My girls are 6 months old (4 months corrected), and it seems so far that they became easier to deal with at 3 months (actual age, not corrected), and get a little easier every month or so. Several people told us they would get easier at three months, and others told us at six months. Right now, they're going through a fussy stage, so I don't know about six months!LOL Mine were born two months early, and so I don't really know how my experience would translate for...
Not in your DDC, just wanted to reassure you...I had spotting in my first and second trimesters. Most of the time it was light pink, but sometimes it was bright red. I ended up having an u/s to rule out placental problems, but it wasn't anything like that. I was afraid I was miscarrying (every woman in my family has had one butme). My babies were born two months early, but it had nothing to do with my earlier spotting. My midwives decided I probably had a polyp on my...