or Connect

Posts by Spencersmom

I have been thinking about who could possibly be eliminated tonight. Everyone really did a darn good job last night. (I hate to admit that even Mollee did great just because her personality still gets to me.) However, I think I have decided my top three - Ellenore, Jakob and Russell. Russell's is an amazing dancer and his smile just warms my heart. Also, anyone else notice that twinkle in his eye? It's magical I tell ya! Ellenore is quirky and fun. I love her. And...
Ashleigh is totally growing on me too and I can't believe I am saying that. I thought she was terribly annoying at the beginning but she's really stepping up to the plate. I'm also surprised that I have gotten to the point that I cannot stand Mollee and Nathan. I find their behavior so arrogant and immature. Both of them were practically smirking when Nigel was trying to talk to them about humility and maturity. They just think they're all that and that America is...
I read the article and will pass it on to my friend. I also plan to ask my doctor, who is VERY easy going about vaccines, what the deal is from his perspective. I wonder too if sometimes it's just easier for docs, who are limited on time, to just "simplify" their argument to save time. Saying it's a fine makes it take 1 minute instead of 5. And, if insurance companies really do hold money owed to you until they go chart review, the doctor could see this as a fine. If...
Thanks for your replies. From whom do they get money for high vaccinations rates? Obviously they get paid for office visits/administering the shots vs not seeing kids as much but do they really get paid for giving vaccines? That seems like such a conflict of interests.
Quick question. A friend and I were discussing vaccines. I don't vax, she does. She told me that her doctor strongly recommends vaccines and told her that if he doesn't give them to his patients he is fined by the "government" for this. I have no idea how to research this but this sounds like a load of hogwash to me. Can anyone speak to this or tell me where I might find this kind of information? My friend does whatever this doctor says and I really think she needs a...
Quote: Originally Posted by serenitii Tig can be used for any wounded unvaccinated or partially vaccinated person regardless of age. It is, however, a blood product so it carries all the sane disease risks of receiving blood (hepatitis, hiv, etc.) So what's worse? Potential tetanus or possible HIV/Hep? Sheesh. There just aren't any good answers in this scenario. What it does for me though is it reminds me that our best prevention against...
I just want to make sure I have this right. The TiG is only for children over 7 correct? Does anyone know what kind of additives it contains? Mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde?
I feel so relieved after finding this thread this evening. We just had an ER visit today for my 5 yo ds. He split his chin open on our coffee table while horsing around. We do not vax. On the way to the hospital I was worried about the vaccine question and if it would come up. Sure enough they asked if my son was up to date on all of this vaccinations. I said no that we do not vaccinate. Next question? Does he have a ped? Yes and I give them his name. The doc...
GenomicsGirl - Congrats on your vbac. How awesome! Sorry to hear about your prolapse. Sorry to you Thyra as well. It's a hard thing to accept and even harder to find a provider that can even begin to appreciate how far reaching and devastating this problem can be. There is lots of good advice in this thread with some links to self help strategies. I have a question for everyone. I am currently dealing with a latex allergy. I have a Keeper that no longer stays...
Thanks! My confusion is that I read and reread the directions that came with the pans. There is no mention of the pans needing to be seasoned. However, my experience says differently. I'd love to hear from someone with enameled cast iron and how it works for them. ETA: I just came across this thread and it's helping a lot. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=nonstick I'll post back if I have any other questions. Thank you!!