or Connect

Posts by Spencersmom

Welcome to the boards from CT.
Welcome to MDC. This site is awesome.
Hello there. We are from central Connecticut and our houses are no where near that expensive . Hope your move goes smoothly and you find a nice spot. Connecticut may be relatively expensive, but it is a beautiful state to live in.
Hello there. Welcome to MDC. This place is a godsend. I was so happy I found it. Hope you enjoy your time here as well.
I am sort of a newbie too. I was using kissaluvs with dappi covers when my ds was newborn. I was looking at having to purchase all new diapers in the next size up and was hesitant about spending the money and then having to do it all again in a few months. My MIL offerred to buy disposables for us and it went on from there. : Now, I am glad to say I have seen the error of my ways and have returned to cloth. I am so happy (and I am sure my son is too) that I...
I love FB too!! They are almost as easy as a disposable and so much better for the environment and my pocketbook in the long run. I say they are worth the investment, especially for baby #1.
I am in the same situation as Sarah. I was a teacher pre-baby. I enjoyed my work but love staying at home and raising my son. We plan on having another baby in a couple of years and I hope to be lucky enough to stay home until both of my children are in school. My estimate is about 5 more years. When I do return to work, I am suspecting that it will be as a teaching assistant for the first couple of years or so. Being a teacher is hard work and very time consuming. ...
I am not happy with my current ped because of her attitude about not vaccinating and her recommendations for caring for my intact son, among other things. I see a naturopath and have taken my son to him also for teething remedies and the like. However, when I asked him about caring for my son, he told me that he would help my son if something came up but that he would need to be diagnosed by my ped first. Finding another ped that I can live with has been a challenge. ...
I am sorry that you are struggling with this. I hope this might help. I was also feeling sleep deprived and frustrated by frequent night nursing (he was waking every 20 mins to an hour). I read The No Cry Sleep Solution which I loved and was so glad I read. However, it was not helping quickly enough. As a last resort I asked a pediatrician who was covering for my ped for some advice (I know, I know). I did NOT take most of his advice, which was mostly CIO, but there...