or Connect

Posts by IndigoEyes

My 5yr old is in the Cosco/Safety 1st Apex 65. The 5-point harness can be used for children 22-65 lbs who are 34"-52" and then as a booster seat for children 40-100 lbs and 43"-57". And about half the price as Britax. Just google "apex 65" and you'll get some good shopping results for it. edit to add: At any rate, you probably want to consider whether or not any new seat you look at converts to a belt positioning booster. For example the Regent...
I remember asking my OB if I should gain anymore weight than a singleton pregnancy. He said no. That technically you still shoot for the regular 25-30, and then anything over and above that would be the weight of the 2nd baby (plus accessories) I gained 40 pounds. Blake was 7lbs3oz and Brady 7lbs0oz. Had a planned c-section at 39w1d. No real signs of labor, 'cept Blake (Twin A) was nestled down at the birth canal, ready to come out the way he was suppose to....
Awww... bet it was kind of a bittersweet moment. congrats on the healthy little peanut. I measured big with all my pregnancies. And all were over 8lbs, 'cept the twins, but they were still over 7lbs each. At my 11w2d u/s when we learned it was twins. They were estimated to be 10oz each. Again. Congratulations!!
Can't wait to hear the news. At my 12 week (technically I was 11w2d) prenatal OB appt, doc said I was measuring big. But he said the same thing with my 5yr old singleton, even had an u/s early on with him to rule out twins. Big babies run in my family. So he shrugged it off. Then he pulled out his Doppler and couldn't find any heartbeat. He assured me there's really only a 60% chance of locating a heartbeat at 12 weeks. So he ordered an ultrasound just to be sure. 2hrs...
I didn't want to hijack the "Pics of ERF kids" thread so I thought I'd just start a new thread. In one picture there was a toy attached to the seat so that the RF child could play with it. Then someone mentioned they had the exact same toy. I am so leary about that stuff. Those types of things (hard plastic) can become flying objects in the event of a crash and cause some serious injury. That's why even my RFing mirrors that allow me to see my twins are all...
I wash my hands quite frequently thorugh out my day. Having twins, I'm changing twice as many diapers, so I'm washing my hands after twice the diaper changes. I have hand sanitizer in the bathroom, so often if they were just pee-pee diaps, I just use the sanitizer. Same if I've just peed. But after any poos, mine or babes, I wash. I also have Lysol wipes in the bathroom and every other day I wipe down the surface areas of the toilet and the surrounding floor. Once a week...
I know exactly what you mean. My DH and I TTC for over 2 years, including a miscarriage in that time. We were exstatic when we found out we were pregnant again. I couldn't wait to nurse my baby, wear my baby everywhere. We were of course over joyed when we found out it was twins. But it wasn't until after they were born that I had this sense of missing out. I'd find myself jealous of moms with one baby. I read on the LLL website that mothers of multiples often mourn...
I loved my EZ-2 Nurse pillow. I liked that it supported them. If, or I should say, when they fell asleep they had plenty of room. Often I'd lean back and doze off myself. It's the only way I got any sleep in the early weeks. And yes, I prefer the foam one over the inflatable. The inflatable is probably great for portability.
My MZ boys are 16 months. Brady has had 4 ear infections in the last 4 months. Blake, only one less. Doc is talking about tubes. They aren't saying a whole lot, but a heck of a lot more than their older brother was. He barely babbled and didn't even say mama or dada until after his 2nd birthday (never a single ear infection for him). All 3 boys have great hearing. The twins are great with receptive language as well as sign language. At 16mos. they both say "uh-oh" "more"...
Congratulations! My boys were over 7lbs each at 39 weeks. Way to go mama!! Mine are 16 months now. I swear for the first 4 months, I never got off the couch. There were days that I'd literally watch the clock and I didn't not get up for over 12 hours. My boys were attached to me 24/7 on my twins nursing pillow. I slept sitting up. Having help is huge! My mom stayed with us for the first 8 weeks. Then she came over 4 days a week. And even now, after 16 months, she still...