or Connect

Posts by SunRise

HI, I do not have the new born insert. I sent you a pm. Thanks,
Check your bank to see if they have an investment account; or you can open an ING / Sharebuilder / Capital one account and open a ROTH IRA (having an income is required to open an IRA) and then find the fund that you want to invest in.   I like the investment funds that are related to your planned age of retirement; the fund is more aggressive for the first decade or so and then gets more conservative the closer to your age of retirement (its a managed fund, you dont...
My son is 11... and still likes to be surprised w/ toys and gifts but it is harder to find things  ... that age of growing up and out of toys. But any time we are in a store he gravitates towards the Perplexus globe maze (so I got him that for christmas); Him and his friends also have a rekindled interest in the razor scooter (and he asked for one of these for Christmas); He didnt really ask for much ...   Other ideas. A science kit (like the one in your link) or...
I like using the classifieds section of the newspaper - (small print & pattern) and tie a red string & bow around it. Comics work well too. Brown paper and stamps.   But this year I bought wrapping paper for a change.
I have a three year old and 11 year old. I try to keep the rooms comfortable, tidy and for sleeping, but they do have some toys and books in them. When I am upstairs doing things, the three year old likes to play in her room but when I am downstairs so is she so there are lots of toys in the living room too. The decorations are hand made, gifted or passed down. Also, her father travels a lot and likes to by trinkets.   There is no ceiling light so I hung Chinese lanterns...
Up for sale, the ever useful and almost best carrier, the ERGO. Original camel / canvas. Used for travel and hiking. Head support, padded shoulders and hip, pocket for your passport, wallet and keys. Comfortable and durable. Great condition   $80.00 (o.b.o.) (includes shipping in the USA) Is the price too high? Give me an offer!
My three year old goes to an at home daycare. The woman is licensed and has been doing this her entire life (and she may be 65+). She has 4 kids (a 6mth old, an 18mth old and two 3 year olds. She charges 30 dollars a day 8am - 5pm.  I believe that a babysitter that comes to your house is different then someone that does daycare. I pay a babysitter around 8 dollars / hr (that is more then minimum wage and no deductions) and I round up (several dollars to 5...
Wouldn't the lowest of the low (Bronze) on the health plan exchange work for you?   I did give up private health insurance three years ago. (My children remained covered under the state chp program though); I gave it up because the price was ridiculous and increased 200 / mth every year, the options were few (no high deductible / lower premiums plans) and I rarely went to the doctor but if I did I would rather pay them directly then pay the monthly insurance  cost. I...
Well, maybe do not pull all 100K at once. Plan to take what you need once a year or twice a year. Budget your basics and absolutes (mortgage, bills (heat, phone-dsl, water - what ever they are); food, some activities for the kids). Pay your mortgage at the beginning of the month and the bills, when they are due.  Put 20 dollars in your pocket and dont spend it, behave like it has to last until.... Don't spend anything else until it is absolutely necessary.   If you ever...
NY States health care exchange website went up and then down today because it could not handle the hits (2mil in 2hrs); ha!