or Connect

Posts by Kirsten

I agree with you that it's sweet. I wouldn't be worried at all by what you've read in her emails.   *I don't think you need to supervise them more so than you normally would. *Kissing isn't terrible. I had the same boyfriend from kindergarten through 5th grade. We rode our banana seat bikes together, climbed on the big toys behind the school, hung out at each other's houses (his family had hamsters and a huge record collection plus his mom adored me and made us great...
I really agree with this.  It might be hard to separate your reactions from his.  He likely does have a lot of conflicting feelings, and may say things he thinks he should say or you want to hear?  I have no doubt that he has regrets for parts that he was pushed into, and the girls do sound aggressive - but he is at the age when sexual exploration starts.  If he wants to see a counselor, I'd do that.  If he doesn't, I wouldn't force him to.  I wouldn't involve police, CPS...
So I bought a Scentsy warmer and a brick of the scent of the month (ages ago) - think it might have been called "green" or "grass" or something like that?  The warmer looks a little Celtic/Irish - green with rubbed edges; I love the look of it!  Think the March warmer last year for St Patrick's Day?  Anyway, that scent was featured that month too.  I wanted more of it but of course it's discontinued.  :(  A friend is having a Scentsy fundraiser for her 3 Day walk so I...
This is a tough one.  I think the other girl should be kind, but "I'm going to play xyz with Kim right now" isn't unkind.  "I'm not playing with YOU!" with a mean expression and tone isn't ok.  So not wanting to play with her all the time, or honestly even at all IF there is a situation you are unaware of, may be fair.  It is tough when the moms are friends but the kids just don't gel.  My parents had very close friends whose only child son I was made to play with...
  You're not supposed to be his friend.  I'm sure you are fun and interested in what he's doing, but you are his mother not his friend.  He hopefully has many, many friends - but only one mother.  And I promise you he needs both!  All friends and no mother is no gift to him.      Yep, even free with coupons isn't worth it.  I like the idea of giving it away - or even throwing it away.     I have an almost 16 year old (and two more turning 12 and 9 soon).  Let me tell you,...
None of what you wrote would scare me in the least.  That's the age when it all starts - slowly hopefully.  Holding hands and even kissing isn't unheard of at that age. 
I'm confused...  How much was taken from your health spending account and sent to the midwife?
My first thought reading this was that if you are feeling like you need an MD there "just in case" then you probably shouldn't homebirth.  Which hurts me to say 'cause I had a homebirth with my third and LOVED IT!  I can't imagine a scenario where your mom would be in any position other than emotional support for you.  Either the midwives would handle it or you'd be transferred.  The midwives are birth professionals and you should feel confident in their abilities to...
    I've never heard of this.  It is hard enough to bring all the stuff the laboring MOM needs!  When you are in labor is one of the few times in your life that you really don't have to think of what might be pleasant/ideal/extra special for other people...  When you come back for your six week check up, you could bring a thank you treat for nurses that were great to you, but I can't imagine packing treats in for them during labor!   My homebirth midwives didn't ask for a...
From what you describe, a free-standing birth center might be a better fit for you than a hospital.  I delivered my second at Puget Sound Birth Center in Totem Lake (north Kirkland) and used their midwives for my homebirth with my third - both amazing experiences.  I drove an hour round trip for each of my prenatal appointments and delivery (with my second - the midwives drove to me for the third!  :)  TOTALLY worth the drive for the respectful and professional care I...