or Connect

Posts by Kirsten

I would vote sleep in whatever you want, but keep a pair of pj shorts near the end of the bed to slip on when you leave your master bedroom.  I sleep in undies and a tee shirt too - but don't walk around the house that way, and I only have daughters!  To me, underwear isn't what you wear around the house.  And I also agree with those that say that an 11 year old boy might not say he is uncomfortable even if he is.  I'd just toss on shorts or something else comfy when you...
I was a "normal" kid/had a "normal" early childhood, and cut my younger brother's hair when I was 11 and he was 3.  I was not an impulsive kid - was actually the super responsible and rule following firstborn.  He just looked like he needed a haircut, I was bored, and how hard could it be to give him a little trim?  I wish I had a picture 'cause I remember thinking I'd done a pretty good job!  My mom was super mad though.  I wouldn't read anything into the haircut at...
There is no way to keep to five words and get any semblance of it at all!  Now she is 15 and things are really great.  She is a responsible kid who makes good choices and overall we get along well.  She is outgoing/social, funny, and very talented in all performing arts.  Sometimes she is tired/hungry/hormonal/sad/mad and lashes out at me or her sisters, but then again don't we all?  I find that when I am reasonable then so is she.  If I am short-tempered or grumpy, I...
My oldest just turned 15 and got her permit two days ago.  She has been driving morning, noon and night since then.  She is pretty good for having no experience.  I think my expectations are reasonable (she isn't going to be a great driver right out of the gate), and luckily she is careful and takes suggestions well.  Our cars don't have the emergency brake in the middle where you could reach it, but in your situation I'd only do that when in emminent threat of an actual...
Epidurals aren't needed now for most births, and won't be needed in 50 years for most births.... but they most certainly will be continued to be USED in most births as long as women allow the medical establishment (which is a BUSINESS - it comes down to the almighty dollar) to convince them they are needed.  It breaks my heart that so many women have traumatic births, post-birth issues like yours as well as disrupting bonding and breastfeeding all because they trusted...
I have no personal experience with this - but it sounds like you need doctors and/or therapists that call you back and schedule in a more time urgent manner!  Especially given his depression and physical attacks on other children (biting and punching in a ten year old can really do some harm - and it is unfair to send him to school in this situation IMO).  If all the issues are due to frustration at recess, could he continue going to school but stay in during recess to...
I would cross Aberdeen and University Place off your list (curious as to how you came up with them).  I think you'd love Bellingham or any of the islands (Whidbey, etc).  There are lots of cool neighborhoods in Seattle (especially thinking of Wallingford) that meet your criteria.  Kirkland has a GREAT freestanding birth center so anywhere within 30 minutes of there is great.  I think within 30ish minutes of Seattle is best if you want to keep liberal.  Smaller towns...
Quote: Of the eight cousins on my dad's side, all of us have strawberry birthmarks on the back of our necks - except my sister, who oddly is the only one of us who doesn't resemble that paternal side.  
I can see where it takes away a bit from the accomplishment of the child you are talking about originally.  But better than her saying "ya, the rest of them are dumb as stumps". 
  It wouldn't have been a problem if you'd stopped after the first sentence.  The general feeling of all the comments you've made in the thread is negative; I don't think you can expect anything positive or even neutral from it.  Sarcasm works in certain situations and with certain people - and a 16 year old should be able to know when and where that might work or be appropriate (with a school classroom likely not being an appropriate place).  And playing a video game...