or Connect

Posts by Kirsten

EXACTLY!!!!!!!   Yep, this.  No one is holding a gun to his head.  The OP's parents are making a VERY GENEROUS AND KIND OFFER.  The OP's dp could choose to be selfish and childish and refuse to go, but if my dp did that I'd be furious as it would mean more work for me - taking care of the kids on my own away from home.  It also feels like a slap in the face to the OP's family.   Yep, I take "happy pills" to fly.  No big deal.   Agree 100%.   I was shocked to see...
  We know a girl named Anneke (Ahn-uh-kuh) who goes by Ani for short - both great names. LOVE Lennon for a boy!!!!!  And I know a Bella Blu!    Also know lots of people with names from this thread - kids Hazel, Hayden, Declan and adults Zora, Coco, Grover and Cinnamon (who has a sister named Honey).   Ashby (girl) and Sawyer (boy) were also mentioned - and I love both of those!!!  Go for it!!  And Minty was on someone's list - that is the gramma's name in a book I'm...
Exactly.  No nice way to ask them not to buy your child things they buy for their own children!  It is insulting and better left unsaid.  If they ASK you what to get or what not to get, you can offer up some ideas in the most polite way possible.    Agreed.  My dd3 loved Dora and had a Dora dollhouse and pjs, etc.  I don't think I ever bought anything Dora as a gift though - as who knows if that kid happened to be "into" Dora or not.  And I am adamantly against words on...
Talking to him to see what exactly the problem is was a good idea.  I'd convince my kids to participate, but like the current plan would talk to the teacher about moving him out of the front row.   
OP, any update?  How are things going?
Quote: Exactly - "wear it or carry it".  I have three kids.  One rarely even brings a coat places (but she is a teenager).  The ten year old wears her coat most all the time.  The seven year old carries it, and wears it half the time.   Kids Are Worth It is a GREAT book!!    
  That doesn't make sense to me - dd could easily give the guy her new number.   Yes, this!   I dated an 18 year old when I was 14, and he was one of the most respectful/least pushy guys I ever spent time with (the other was 27 when I was 18).  I am also friends with them now, all these years later - and also like Jessnet 100% good with the choices I made then.  I made less than stellar choices in high school with a guy my own age.  I just don't think a four year age...
Where is the computer located?  It should be right in the kitchen/family room/wherever is most centrally located.  It should definitely not be anywhere with a door.  Ours is at the kitchen desk - anyone can see what you are doing from two different rooms.  I don't think restricting the other kids' computer use/time is fair when they have followed the rules.  I agree with the idea of taking the keyboard or a wire to bed with you so the computer isn't usable.    I...
What Linda said.   
Those are actually pretty easy to find.  Target has them in the room decor section.  I've seen them at Claire's (that earring/accessory store in most malls).  Fuego might have some.