or Connect

Posts by Kirsten

Waking every hour seems like a lot of sleep interuptions for him and for you. He doesn't NEED to nurse every hour all night long, but it is/has become a habit for him. It isn't just full access nursing all night vs CIO. My babies woke more often when they were in my room (in a bassinette). When I moved them to the crib in the nursery at 3 months old (each of my three kids), they started sleeping longer stretches immediately - although to be honest (and put myself at...
Quote: Originally Posted by dbsam update...We couldn't find a green bike in the other bike shop either. But, I was able to purchase online the original orange bike, in green because it is a 2009 bike and I saved tons of $$$. (It was only $150 including tax and shipping.) I can't wait to tell my son when he wakes in the morning. He'll need to wait 7-10 days...I'm guessing he'll be waiting on the corner for the UPS man every day! SO happy...
I am DDCC too... Love name threads! Quote: Originally Posted by kryztuh The middle name will be my maiden name, so ___ A. H. Any suggestions besides the ones on my list are also very much appreciated! LOVE that you are using your maiden name as a middle!! Have you considered Sawyer for a boy? I just love that. Girls Calliope - my #1 vote by a landslide Verona - makes me think of Corona beer Mazzy (really like it but it sounds...
I think it depends on what you were doing, how socially acceptable it is in your area, how well you know her, if you are likely to run into her much in the future, her mental state, etc. Depending on all of those things, I may ignore her or I may discuss it with her.
I have lived up and down the western half of Washington all of my 41 years. I think there is nowhere more beautiful to live! Green year round, lakes/rivers/beaches, the mountains. Seattle is liberal and progressive. And we do have four seasons! I have pix of my kids in the snow; we rake leaves out of our yard in the fall, the bulbs I planted many years ago still come up every spring, and it has been hotter than I'd prefer for three weeks in a row! It is 80 degrees...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamadelbosque It was actually a very nice discussion we had before the subject of religion came up - all about birth, nursing, kids, etc... and then she asked what church we went to. Which precipitated the smile and nod "we don't.... I'm basicly an athiest", and thence the 'I'm going to pray for you. Is that OK? Is it OK if I pray for you. I'm going to pray for you' convo.... which was just strange. That IS strange. ...
We had a similar situation with my dd2 and a boy in a once a week toddler group we attended. While INFURIATING during that experience, it turned out to be really positive and maturing for both her and me in the long run. As much as I hated it then, I'm not sure I would change it if I could now. Class of 2 and 3 year olds (2s that turn 3 during the course of the "school" year). 18 or so of these kids, each with an adult (usually mom) for one morning a week. My kids...
Nothing in the video made me the least bit uncomfortable. My kids all made noises like that when they were babies. Blue lips would scare me, but not the noises. I'd definitely go through the process to switch docs though; you want someone you trust. You got nowhere in the ER because babies make noises. I do think we should follow our instincts, but for people who are overcautious or lend to worrying, that doesn't always work so well. I would definitely not put her...
Quote: Originally Posted by ElorasMama Hi, I'm once again giving myself a headache trying to decide what to do about excessive and (what I feel are) inappropriate gifts from grandparents for my 6-year-old DD. We have politely asked the relatives not to give DD any gifts that involve TV/movie characters (DD doesn't watch TV and only very occasionally sees movies.) Particularly for girls, I just don't feel that these characters are good role models. So...
Sounds like she is not your friend, and is using you so her wedding party isn't lopsided now that someone else backed out. And doing rough math, this will cost you around $500 between lost work, dress and alterations, spas, hair, gifts. For someone who didn't even invite you to begin with, and who owes you money for her bridesmaid dress?? This one isn't worth it, and you can't make her into someone who is. I'm sorry that someone who you were previously close to is...