or Connect

Posts by Kirsten

Quote: Originally Posted by VillageMom6 You don't understand why she's upset that she's being prevented from attending a life changing event of her dear child that she's been imagining since he was born just because you've been telling her for years that she will be prevented from attending that life changing event of her dear child? I'm looking at this as a mom, not a bride, so I'm sure my perspective is different. But I would be extremely...
My firstborn at 4 months - yep, I might have taken her in to be checked over for a fever of 103. My third - no. I mellowed a lot; I had more experience with little ones being sick; I trusted myself more and worried less. If it was just a fever and baby was doing ok, I'd give infant Tylenol and watch her at home. If baby had 103 fever and seemed either listless or in distress, I'd take her in. If you feel unable to stand up to medical employees, you should take...
I agree with the "do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?" post. Could you legally fight this, and get your name on the authorized pick up list - probably could. Is it worth the increased negative emotions/energy that it will cause - I doubt it. I understand that you didn't steal her husband. But he was her husband first, and now he is with you. She has no control over the fact that you have him, but she can control if you have full access to her dd. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by amnesiac Actually they are. Either parent/guardian can consent without the other being present but step-parents, grandparents, adult siblings, aunts & uncles can also consent with no problem. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/FA.32.htm I was a nanny and signed for many vaxs for a child that wasn't mine. The parents wanted him to get them, and back then I didn't know better.
I think you need a new best friend.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaxanmom I think it sounds more like they are excited over the rarity of a dad wanting to be involved and they want to encourage that. I agree, and I don't consider it sexism to want dads to be involved in what is commonly all moms. Quote: Originally Posted by moominmamma From what you wrote he seems to have a knack for getting his message and his agenda out there and taken notice of. Your...
I vote take your mom to Hawaii. Totally agree with the poster that said that by 75 or 80 she may not be able to travel easily. Your dad doesn't sound so nice; I wouldn't bend my plans to accommodate someone like you describe. You can easily decline the wedding due to small kids, travel expenses, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g I dont believe there is anything you can do legally. He is the father, he can make decisions just like you. And since the whole WORLD is pro vax, they are going to side with him. This is true. We don't need the fathers to sign off when we get our children medical treatment. And I agree that the doctor or health department holds no liability in this situation; they were following policy. The OP's husband...
I am guessing that you are the new wife or girlfriend of father of this chid? I think that if mother has full custody (although I thought it was called primary if father has child EOW plus weekday visits too) then I'd say she has final call on everything. Full is full. If they had shared custody then I'd say they could each pick their own emergency backups. Sounds like either 1) mother is overly controlling and wants to stick it to father, or 2) father has someone...
I would find a pediatrician that your dc isn't leary of going to. Lots of things may come up over the years; having a great doc makes it so much easier. We LOVE ours!!! So yes, I would go in for a check to be sure it isn't something that needs immediate attention. But food issues (both lactose and fructose intolerance) can cause terrible stomach aches. Some kids are so sensitive that even small amounts in things you wouldn't suspect can cause issues, and some are so...