or Connect

Posts by Kirsten

Quote: Originally Posted by DevaMajka A minor bite that didn't break skin, and wasn't on the face, I'd consider the circumstances (was she provoked, hurt, etc). I may decide to keep them separated, do training, whatever. I'd assume she was "disciplining" ds, and not being aggressive or fear biting. But a bite that broke skin, or was in the face? Yeah, I'd put her to sleep. Not worth the chance to me. I'm not entirely sure I'd keep a dog that growled...
Quote: Originally Posted by belovedofbast dh to the rescue. We will go out for dinner down by where they (bil and futures sil) live, dh will go out for drinks with his brother, i will attend the shower for a little bit, and dh will drive me home so i can sleep a little in the car. I will have to leave a little earlier than most because of work, but i think sil will understand as she is a paramedic and works weird hours as well. That way i get my...
I would definitely take her to the doctor to rule out any obvious issues. Does she drink apple juice? I have one child who absolutely cannot digest that for the life of her and would get terrible stomach aches. Took me years to figure out what caused them. Doctor did rule out stuff though. Or maybe a dairy allergy?
I think you are really smart to get away from the ex-boyfriend. He is nothing but heartache and trouble. The baby really complicates things. Your sister isn't toxic. You and she have a difference of opinion over a baby name. No one can "call dibs" on a baby name. I wouldn't let this come between you and your sister; do you really want to burn that bridge over a name? Your brother-in-law came on a little strong, but is likely trying to put down some boundaries...
I never worried about it.
Terrible. She is going to be your sister-in-law. Unless you want to start off on the wrong foot with her, I'd just suck it up and go. It is ONE NIGHT. If I was her, I'd be super hurt that someone whose family I am about to join made so little effort to attend the party celebrating my upcoming my wedding to her husband's brother. Go to the shower. Hit the Starbucks on the way to work the next morning and treat yourself to a double cappucino!
Quote: Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 I wouldn't be offended in the least. Just as it was YOUR choice to expose your kids to CP at this time, it's HER choice not to. I see no reason to be upset. It's simply natural consequences. I agree with this. It isn't personal; the hosting mom doesn't want to be responsible for making that call for all her guests. And if I was her guest, I'd be VERY appreciative of that. I took my dd to a sleepover...
Quote: Originally Posted by D_McG I would not send a child to K without some preschool. I wanted my son to learn to take direction from people other than me, learn the rhythm of a classroom, etc. it's made a huge difference to him. He really opened up and got more confidence. Most every teacher I know says you can tell the difference between those who went to preschool/daycare and those who did not and that the latter group is at a...
Honestly, I'd be pissed if someone grabbed my kid by the wrist without cause - but if she did something that inappropriate, I think it is the lesser of two evils. Say the kid lost his balance in the process of fake jumping in front of my car and actually did? Say I couldn't stop in time? Say the next person he fake jumped in front of was turning up the radio and didn't respond quickly enough? If my kid was pulling something like that, I'd want to know so I could...
My MIL is 85. She was 71 when her first grandchild (my dd1) was born. I had to watch like a hawk to keep her from feeding my kid dairy that was a month past date. SO gross. One weekend we were visiting at her house (about three hours from ours - we went about once a month) and she was at church. My dp was getting food for our dd. He found something that was OVER TEN YEARS PAST THE EXPIRATION DATE. It was mustard but still. I will buy you a new one; they are 99...