or Connect

Posts by Kirsten

Not in your ddc - but what crummy timing... I was six days early with dd1 and dd2 but 11 days late with dd3 - so you never know, maybe you'll be early this time. Is your reunion in your general area? I LOVED mine - so great to see everyone. And people can ooh and ahh over your baby!
Well, it is hard - because you don't want or need to hide your parenting choices. There is an element of being able to educate people, to make alternative parenting choices seem like a rational option for people yet to make these decisions. HOWEVER, I don't find it effective to respond to a new relationship's first "what's up" type conversations with any homebirth or atheist comments. I am happy and proud of both of those parts of my life, but many people will write you...
Doesn't sound like chicken pox to me either. When my dd1 had them, she had no flu symptoms like you are describing. Slept more, was a bit mellow, but still played and ate. I first noticed spots on her back and chest, then her arms, legs and face got them after that. Where exactly are the spots, and are they concentrated in a certain area (like waistband or other areas where clothes are tight) or are they all over randomly? I'd tend to think she caught a bug on the...
1.) How many weeks were you when baby was born? She was 11 days late so 41 weeks and 4 days. 2.) How many previous births and were they "overdue" as well? Two previous births - which were each six days EARLY. So 11 days late felt like 17 days late to me. But I was really fine, and not having any "hurry up" feelings at all. 3.)Did your care provider - if you had one - push any techniques to "move things along?" If so, what and when was this brought up? How did you...
My kids each get one as a rite of passage - the year they are eight. It is just music - which I am in full support of. I don't think it is about tuning anyone out. Music has SO many positive aspects that for me, keeping kids from it is.... well, not ok in my book. And even if you think he is too young now (whether expense or lack of responsibility for an expensive item), 18 seems crazy old to wait. I just don't think it means what you think it means. Can...
Have you watched "The Business of Being Born"? You can get it on netflix. It will answer all your questions. But I'd also ask you what kind of birth do you want? Which place will most readily provide that kind of birth? It isn't about the new and shiny. In more cases than not, the new and shiny will hurt you - physically and emotionally. They'll sell it like they can save you from catastrophe, should it arise. Problem is that 90% of the time, what they save you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Love_My_Bubba I just got friended on Facebook by, well, my "first". He might be my freebie. (Where is that shaking your finger "no" smilie....) Freebies must be someone you would never actually have the opportunity to meet, not the ex boyfriend! Quote: Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders George Clooney is totally at the top of my list, right next to Rob Thomas. Ugh - George is all...
My middle daughter was an awful sleeper until she was about six months old -due to colic. Sleep deprivation is a terrible thing - it was a HUGE factor in my PPD (which I didn't have with dd1 or dd3, both good sleepers). So I feel for you, I really do. Someone mentioned osteopathy. My midwife recommended it as something that had helped other babies with colic. Our insurance wouldn't cover, but we were desperate so shelled out $800 for what appeared to me to be a very...
I'm with your dp. I wouldn't go out every night with baby, or even many times a week - but once a week if something comes up that you both want to go to, why not? Life doesn't work on a strict schedule. Things happen. I had a general plan but my kids learned to roll with the punches. If something special or fun was happening, bedtime could be adjusted. They could just fall asleep on my shoulder or in the car on the way home if they were really tired. My kids...
Ok, I haven't seen any of his movies. I tried to watch Atonement after a friend recommended it very highly - but I just couldn't get through it at all. From the online photos, I'm quite sure he wouldn't be my freebie though. I like me some Jack Sparrow, thank.you.very.much. Or Colin Farrell. Or Jeff Goldblum's character in the Jurassic Park movies.... Smart with that dry sense of humor - love it!