or Connect

Posts by nolansmummy

This thread is full of great ideas. Wish i had found it earlier in the year when it was started.   I am making : For DD stocking- Some felt food. I may just end up buying some though. I'll see if i can get cheap materials. For my mom, garden stakes/markers. We wanted to buy some this year, but they are quite expensive. I'm also going to etch a design into some wine glasses. My grandma- a photo calendar Mil- Coffee table book, box of homemade chocolates (i'm...
I agree, get paperless billing for everything you can. Create a place for school papers. I have a box in the garage that is labeled 2010 that i put all kids artwork, papers that don't need to be returned etc. I go through it at the end of the school year and keep the favorites. As for permission slips and things, They don't sit out. I sign them and they go right back in book bags. Important notices i put on my wall calendar immediately then recycle the paper. Kids...
Let's see. Five years goes by so quickly. I like the idea of framing a list and hanging where they can be seen on a daily basis.   1. Own a home. This is going to take some serious work. Paying off cc debts and saving for a down payment. 2. Run a 5k. I started c25k last week, but then wore heels to a wedding and hurt my hip so i'm waiting for it to heal to start over. 3. Graduate college. I am in my third year. Probably have two more years. 4. Explore more...
My husband and I are both full time students (and broke as well) I try and cook everyday. Some of our meals include: Breakfast; eggs/toast/pancakes/waffles paired with fruit. Pasta, Pizza ( i make double or triple batches of crust and throw them in the freezer and pull them out when i need to). I just use up all the scraps of veggies i have in the fridge and kids like cheese.   I also try and keep things like frozen veggie lasagna, frozen garlic toast, frozen...
I buy Ambrielle bras at Jcpenny. I like that they all fit me the same so i can order my size online (38D) without going and trying on fifty bras. They look nice. I just bought five bras off their website for fifty bucks too. They go on sale buy 1 get 1  a lot too. I now have seven, one for each day of the week. I tend to not fall in love with my bras, but these have been my favorite since i had dd three years ago.
I have a kitchen aid, (this one) and i'm in love with it, seriously. I have wanted one since i was probably 14. I bake a lot, and the kids love helping. I make icing, bread, dough, cookies all sorts of things. I would love to get an attachment set, but right now i just have what it came with. Dh got it for me last year for our anniversary/valentines day present. Its red.
I hate being late. Hate it! It stems from the fact that as a very shy, insecure young child, my mom would always drop me off late places and I hated it. I would either get lost or be the last one in the room when everyone else had already had time to mingle and make friends.   I am always early or on time. Early if its somewhere i've never been before. Late if everything goes wrong, but usually its because of dh. My husband has the same problem as one of the PP. His...
My daughter isn't really affected by the sugar, but my son is. I let the kids have one piece every day since halloween and last night i sent it with dh to work. The guys he works with are all single, no kids, and happily got rid of the candy for us. I also let each of the kids pick out a toy. Every year before this the "halloween scarecrow" would come and leave a toy in the candy basket. This year we decided to just let them trade it in for a toy they wanted.
I've heard great things about Sun Warrior brand. It's vegan. There is also vega and amazing grass which are also vegan. All are expensive but they do go on sale, and you can find coupons online.
10-15$ here. Ds has been invited to ten bdays already this year! It adds up fast. Usually we get two small toys for each kid and a 99cent card. If its a kid family bday then its 20$.