or Connect

Posts by AsYouWish

I consulted with a homebirth midwife earlier in my pregnancy (I'm 12w2d today) and she said she didn't do any of the special tests for GD and just monitored blood pressure and other symptoms. She believed that the tests OBs administer only lead to many people being managed as having GD when they really don't. She said the test consists of loading you up with a LOT of sugar and then seeing how your body handles it. And that many people just cannot handle that sort of...
Interesting. Just from reading your post title, the first thing that popped into my head was Penelope Janelle. So there's a thought if you want 2 syllables or if you think Jane is too plain/country/whatever.
Oh, honey. : : I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish I had a magic wand.... Take care of yourself.
I am so sorry for your loss. Peace to you.
This article (Between Depression and a Hard Place by Anna Blackmon Moore) in the current issue of Brain, Child was very powerful for me when it comes to this issue. I have been struggling with what might be clinical-level depression and anxiety since right after I found out that I am pregnant. But I am also dealing with very fresh grief, since my mom died 18 days before I got the + HPT. So I have put off truly addressing my thoughts and feelings, hoping each day...
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. : Please take care of yourself. I hope you find peace soon.
Thanks for the advice auntieM. Yeah, the best I can do is the best I can do, right? Little by little I have been feeling better. I have been wanting some chicken broth for some time now, but just have not had the energy to pull out my big pot and get something started. I'm thinking though that maybe next week I might make it my goal to thaw and roast a chicken and then make some bone broth. And then the week after that, I'll make some more and then add something else....
I am going to bump this, even though it is February now. I am 10w4d, and looking for support in preparing and eating better food. Due to a long string of stresses in my life (moving, my mom dying, early preggo nausea, etc.) I have been off the TF wagon for a long time now. Since finding out I'm pregnant, I haven't had much appetite at all and, really, I hardly eat, but I'm hoping that will change as I approach the 2nd trimester. I'm looking for some TF inspiration and...
Quote: Originally Posted by ihugtrees Honestly, it's not a big deal if it's not every single weekend. But I have had MULTIPLE families who would spend every single weekend out with their friends, socializing the entire weekend. One woman in particular, a single mom, would bring her 13 month old child from house to house all weekend, drinking with all of her other single friends...who, by the way, every time they were together (I witnessed this) would rant...
Quote: Originally Posted by ihugtrees : I have been a nanny for several years now, and have had all of those scenarios. I refuse to work with at-home parents now because of those types of situations!! As for the routine being different on the weekends...that drives me CRAZY. Kids NEED routine. Not a schedule, or forced to do things when they don't want to. But every kid I have ever worked with does better when they know what to expect within reason. Do...