or Connect

Posts by Moooommy

By all means, go! I have to reiterate the dirt aspect, they will get filthy. We never brought toys, the kids play with what's there (isn't that the point?). Also, keep in mind that everyone eats about 2-3 times their normal intake. All that fresh air! Enjoy!
Until someone comes up with compelling evidence that TV is good for my kids, they don't watch TV. Very simple, really. (Now if I could only wean my husband from it!) I believe that we need to work hard to educate and empower parents to the point that media-free kids once again become the norm. It means a lot of deliberate action-taking, building communities, driving to true play dates, etc. I'm not militant about much, but I'll take on this pipe dream...
I was 12, have no idea when my mother started (we don't talk about such personal things). It was preceeded by my very first migraine. From the start I was regular at 28 1/3 days, and I still regulate other women I am close to. I also had horrid cramps until I had my first child--at 34 (I'm 40 now). That's a lot of years bent over in pain. Sixkids, I've found that homeopathic Mag Phos can help with crampiness. My heavy cramps still get ibupofen (Advil), which comes...
I'm so glad someone brought it up as its own thread. I am really sick of articles on how to talk to your kids about it, when I feel so strongly that they don't need to be burdened with it. What children need is to know that they are safe (when a mom goes to the hospital to have a second baby for example, the first kid couldn't care less about Mommy & the baby--s/he wants to know about "me!") At any rate, my ds is 8 and reading. He sees signs that say "no Iraq War"...
I had my 7yo ds (now 8) in a Century booster when we were in an accident this year that totaled my car (a Volvo). We had used it with the 5-point harness until he was around 4 or 5, but since then only used it as a pure booster. It's dumpster fodder now. When I looked that the ratings to replace it, I ended up getting the Britax star riser for my car, plus, I bought the Evenflo mentioned above for my husband's car (we had nothing in his car). My son hates that one,...
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health...bedshare.shtml and it made my blood boil!
While toddlers aren't great at noting difference in situation, we've found it useful to designate one chair (a lower, more stable chair) that he can push around and use to get up to see what's going on on the counter. The "blue" chairs (dining chairs) or any others, for that matter, are not for standing on. DS2 is doing very well with that, but we also are using the key strategy of telling what he may do: NO "No standing!" YES "We use the white chair for standing" or...
Hi all- So, ds#2, 16 mos., looks like he's got yet another chipped tooth. He nicked the corner of one of his incisors in the bathtub a month or so ago, and I had it ground, mainly because it was hurting so terribly when we nursed. Now I notice a little nick on the edge of another tooth, and I don't feel it as much (though he did manage to rotate himself in a way that I felt it quite well, thank you). I haven't decided whether to grind this one, especially since I...
Mine's too easy--I was sitting in front of the logon screen, glazing over with writer's block, when I heard DS#1 stomping around upstairs, yelling, "Mooooooomy!" And so I am! :LOL
DS #2 (11 mos.) has got 'em, and we're having a party Friday. I'm really hoping DS#1 gets them this time--he's seven. We're in Redmond WA, if anyone's interested!